The 2018 Elk picture Thread

jtm307

Jan 12, 2016
Wyoming
Because we had a moose tag in our pocket and didn't have room for two animals in our freezer, we decided to pass on this bull elk. But we got some great video of him bugling and "chuckling" at 20 yards. Enjoy!
That is some really cool footage. It really gets me amped for my hunt. Leaving tonight to hunt the Shirleys for a couple days.

grizzly

Dec 3, 2013
UT
great bull !don't leave us hanging ,what'd he score?

my guess is, you met your goal
Haha. I'm pretty sure he'll go P&Y :p

If there's anybody else out there that always wanted the horseback backcountry hunt, I'd definitely recommend this one. It's not easy (if you're picky like me) to find the bigger bulls, but it's super rewarding.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Here is my Wyoming 5 pt. Had help from a local, he spotted them driving in ahead of us and pointed them out. 200 yd stalk for a 300 yd shot. Downhill, 600 yd pack out to the road, carted most of him down to the truck. We each packed a front quarter and the guy who spotted them guided the cart down. Great guy that had a deer tag for the area, no elk.

IMG_0596.jpgDSCN1810 (960x720).jpg

Timr245

Very Active Member
Jul 21, 2016
Northcentral PA
Here is my Wyoming 5 pt. Had help from a local, he spotted them driving in ahead of us and pointed them out. 200 yd stalk for a 300 yd shot. Downhill, 600 yd pack out to the road, carted most of him down to the truck. We each packed a front quarter and the guy who spotted them guided the cart down. Great guy that had a deer tag for the area, no elk.

View attachment 22282View attachment 22283
Straight up karma here! You’ve offered a lot of helpful insight to others expecting nothing in return, what goes around comes around, congrats on a great bull!!!