The grill em up thread!

Mule3006Elk

Jul 3, 2013
View attachment 21949View attachment 21950View attachment 21951
A young antelope that has grown up eating hay is hands down the best wild game meat IMO. Damn good!
Agree. When I was researching Pronghorn hunting, for my first antelope hunt, I was surprised to find many don't like antelope meat. Some say it's not very edible. I was hesitant to hunt this game animal for this reason. Much to my surprise, after reading online reviews/opinions, it's some of the finest game meat I've had. I hope to always have some antelope in my freezer!

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
JE...How do you make that glaze?Everytime I BBQ or smoke birds etc glaze melts right off.I noticed in first pic there was a small amount of glaze.And I glaze a the end also.Are my birds still too hot?Thanks dirtclod Az.:cool:

JEandAsGuide

Dec 11, 2012
Zachary, LA
I keep some in a bowl and every time I open the pit to roll them I put more on then again when I pull them off.

It?s 1/2 La Choy sweet n sour sauce, 1/4 creamy Italian dressing, 1/8 mustard and 1/8 honey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
My favorite on Quail is Red Wine Vinegar Dressing melted together with butter.Split Quail down the back,lay flat and pour mixture over Quail.Refrigerate overnight.Take cold Quail with coagulated mixture and place directly on grill.:cool:(Heat butter dressing mixture to near browning/carmelizing point)

Last edited:

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
JE tried your recipe on Urasian doves and it was great.A little sweet for my taste so I ramped it up with Franks hot sauce.Good shite.:cool: