Crossbows

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I'm looking into getting a crossbow for my daughter and wife to use. More so my daughter. I figure it is a good way to get her into hunting sooner and they are legal where I live. I've never owned one. Anyone have recommendations for small framed people or what to look for when buying one?

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
No ideas but one warning. Make sure to keep your fingers low or you can lose them. Some have guards now, which is a good idea.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Be wary of the speed freak crossbows. Sounds fun, but the strings wear out in no time. If a guy only sights it in and only shots it to hunt, you could be ok for a 2-3 years, but if you want to practice a lot, which I recommend and find fun, it won't last.

ToshFrank

Sep 22, 2016
I'm looking into getting a crossbowstring for my daughter and wife to use. More so my daughter. I figure it is a good way to get her into hunting sooner and they are legal where I live. I've never owned one. Anyone have recommendations for small framed people or what to look for when buying one?
Maybe try a little pistol crossbow like the Rogue 80lb

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
I have a ten point crossbow. The wife enjoys to shoot it and let some friends kids shoot (8 on up to 12). Puts a smile on everyone?s face!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I would recommend the Centerpoint Sniper 370. I researched the heck out of crossbows for my son last year and this bow is definitely is alot of bang for the buck. Decent scope and adjustable stock. Read the reviews on the amazon. Google search "crossbow reviews" or "best crossbows list" and this bow is almost always on the list. $238 on Amazon, can't beat it.

https://www.amazon.com/CenterPoint-Sniper-370-Crossbow-Package/dp/B01H7KULFO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1533909682&sr=8-3&keywords=centerpoint+sniper+370