Trumps Inauguration

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
As one sportsman brother to another, lets agree to civilly disagree.
I agree that many held on to the 'birther' debate far to long. You've got to admit, it was fishy. lol

Anyway, I simply expanded upon Hoshour's statement. It was not that big of a leap to make. Debate and protests are one thing and our country was founded upon the principals to do so, but looting, rioting, shutting down interstates, etc. are a far different thing and only bring shame to those voicing their opposition legally and ethically.

For the question of 'what's not to accept?'. Folks don't have to like who is president, but they have no choice but accept it. For that, there is no debate. This works for both parties as both candidates are legally eligible to run for office and I'd assume this is vetted well prior to winning their own respective parties nomination. Let's come together to make our country better than it was yesterday, last year, last decade, etc.

I often wonder how may pregnant women about to delivery or heart attack victims are stranded in traffic during traffic stoppage. I witnessed this in Minnesota this past October and my vacation went from a happy time to one of stress and concern for my life.
Like someone said earlier, it's the 5% that really take away the real reason the other 95% were protesting in the first place.

Oh. I didn't know we were talking about looting and rioting. Hoshour simply stated he had never seen people refuse to accept a presidents election. I would disagree with that.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Was glad to see my cousin Lee Greenwood sang in the concert, even if it was only one song......"Proud to be an American.....God Bless the USA". His signature song and yes he is my cousin.

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
Great speech! now lets hope he rings true. you see the look Bill Clinton and Michelle Obama gave Trump when speech was over? man, if looks could talk...

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
That speech was the nicest way of saying F-you to every corrupt govt official, and past three presidential terms in Washington I have ever seen. lol

HOPEFULLY HE FOLLOWS THROUGH WITH HIS AGENDA TO GET THE USA ON A FAST TRACK TO PROSPERITY AGAIN.

GOD BLESS THE USA AND ITS PEOPLE

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
That speech was the nicest way of saying F-you to every corrupt govt official, and past three presidential terms in Washington I have ever seen. lol

HOPEFULLY HE FOLLOWS THROUGH WITH HIS AGENDA TO GET THE USA ON A FAST TRACK TO PROSPERITY AGAIN.

GOD BLESS THE USA AND ITS PEOPLE
Only problem he has is he has to get congress to go along with him...and even tho it is a majority Republican, that is not a given.

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
you see the bird finger with thumb out while signing the orders? intentional towards media???? or just a coincident?:) I tried getting a pic but didn't in time

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Only problem he has is he has to get congress to go along with him...and even tho it is a majority Republican, that is not a given.
it is our job to sway them into siding with him. all depends on wether or not americans have the attention span to stay awake for the next four years

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
While I would love to see term limits it will take a Constitutional Amendment to do it from what I understand.

In the long run I would hate to see just a few states implement them just for the reason that if you are a Jr Senator or a Jr member of the House then you get the dirty deals and have to fight to get something done that you or the people that elected you want.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
While I would love to see term limits it will take a Constitutional Amendment to do it from what I understand.

In the long run I would hate to see just a few states implement them just for the reason that if you are a Jr Senator or a Jr member of the House then you get the dirty deals and have to fight to get something done that you or the people that elected you want.
I used to be against term limits, but with the recent Supreme Court ruling of unlimited PAC & Corporate money to candidates campaigns, its now all about $$$. The ultimate term limit is found in the ballot box, but now everything is totally on the incumbents side. Unless someone dies or decides not to run for reelection, a new comer doesn't stand a chance.

Yes it will take a Constitutional Amendment, almost impossible to do.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo

I cant stand seeing guys like Leahy or Hatch sit in the Senate for 40+ years.. To sit in office for that long, the only thing you're looking out for is #1...