Tick Tock!!!!

nunt'nbutmuleys

Feb 25, 2011
Good luck to you and all others as well. I had to pull my sheep app but still in for mnt goat and wife and son are in for moose.

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Burned my moose points in 2011 and dumped my sheep points when they jacked the app fees, but I'm in for bison so awaiting results. Came close in 2014 but bad odds 1-2%. Probably come out same day as Colorado sheep is posted. Same low chance there.

Horniac

Jul 14, 2011
NorCal
Also drew my moose tag in 2011. Hoping I draw a WY sheep tag this year in the NR preference point draw so I can get out of the WY system before they change it...

Good luck everyone!

Horniac

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Also drew my moose tag in 2011. Hoping I draw a WY sheep tag this year in the NR preference point draw so I can get out of the WY system before they change it...

Good luck everyone!

Horniac
Good luck hope you can burn those before WYG&F bends all you point holders over and runs off with your cash investments. You know it's going to happen because that's what states do these days. At $100/point that would totally suck. There's likely some creepy attorney legislator with a jar of Vaseline in his back pocket looking for you as I speak. I feel a lot safer now since no points are used in the bison draw.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
This year I finally bailed on trying for my second WY bull moose tag (drew in 1999). I had 11 points. There are way too many people in the bubble with me and ahead of me to draw on points. I've been hanging in there for random draws, but people are figuring that out now and the odds have dropped significantly. I may still apply occasionally for the random draw on a light year for tags but most likely will spring for a cow tag when we want a freezer full of moose.

Last edited:

highplainsdrifter

Very Active Member
May 4, 2011
Wyoming
This year I finally bailed on trying for my second WY bull moose tag (drew in 1999). I had 11 points. There are way too many people in the bubble with me and ahead of me to draw on points. I've been hanging in there for random draws, but people are figuring that out now and the odds have dropped significantly. I may still apply occasionally for the random draw on a light year for tags but most likely will spring for a cow tag when we want a freezer full of moose.
I am way behind the curve on moose preference points also. My chances of ever drawing a bull tag are extremely poor. But I am going to use my points on a cow tag. Nothing wrong with moose meat!!