Nov 29, 2011
IL
I've narrowed it down to;

Bee Stinger

8" vs. 10"

Pro Hunter(8oz/11oz total)
vs.
Pro Hunter Maxx (adjustable)

I like how the 8" looks size wise, think I'd like the 10" for what it can do, but not sure I want that much sticking out of the front of my bow.

Thanks.

dhershberger

Jul 28, 2011
NM
I shoot the 8.5" pro hunter with 8 oz weight and love it. First of all it is short enough to be mobile when shooting in trees and brush, does a great job at reducing pin movement on longer shots and, and it fits in my bow case which is another plus.

buzz mc

Aug 9, 2012
East TN
I shoot a 10" Pro Hunter Maxx. I was reluctant to get the 10" thinking it would stick out too far. It's length doesn't bother me at all. I hardly ever keep or transport my bow in a case and just use a bow sling when traveling (except when I fly to a hunt). It has really tightened my groups when I shoot at 40+ yards.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
I shoot a 10" Pro Hunter Maxx. I was reluctant to get the 10" thinking it would stick out too far. It's length doesn't bother me at all. I hardly ever keep or transport my bow in a case and just use a bow sling when traveling (except when I fly to a hunt). It has really tightened my groups when I shoot at 40+ yards.
Do you use all the weights? or how many?

sodaksooner

Jul 7, 2014
10" pro hunter with 8" pro hunter sidebar. 2 ounces out front, 3 out back. Used more weight before until I added the tight spot a few weeks ago. Actually holds more steady with the quiver. I dropped 6 total ounces of weight when I added the quiver

This is what a 10" stab looks like with the qr/sidebar mount.

20140629_resized.jpg

rhendrix

Sep 30, 2013
I run a 10" b-stinger sport hunter xtreme with 3 oz out front and a 6" side bar with a QD and 5 oz for a side bar on my '12 Carbon Matrix. If I do my part I can shoot 2-3" groups at 60 yards.

sodaksooner

Jul 7, 2014
What quick release are you using? and do you like it?
It is new for bee stinger this year. One piece front stab and sidebar mount, both are quick releases. Makes my stab short enough to be legal for hunter class. I like it a lot. Easy to get stabs off and have never had them come loose accidentally. Downfall is price...pretty high at $90.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

ChadH

Nov 22, 2011
Mount Rainier
You might also try Spider Archery Product (made in OR). Great stab, and even better guys to deal with. I switched from Bee Stinger to them this year.. Just super good guys to deal with and a really great product. Just another option, if you are looking for one. Here is their website:

http://www.spiderarchery.com