Zeiss Warranty

CForest

Nov 8, 2015
Richland MT
I was just curious if anyone has dealt with zeiss warranty? I bought some conquest hd binos this summer. They were a display model and got a great deal on them, once I got them I noticed a pretty good scratch on one of the lenses. Didn't think a whole lot of it and sent them away for warranty. Just last week I finally received a pair of binos (was starting to get a little nervous, hunting season is only a few weeks away) but they were not the same pair. They are some older victory fl in the same size 10x42. Look like very nice glass but they are used. If I understand them correctly they want me to continue to use them till the originals are fixed, then I must send these back in order to get the originals sent to me. So at this point I am not willing to mess with this process until after hunting season. Not real excited about the warranty process, it has taken forever and still not done dealin with it. Have you guys seen similar results or am I just the lucky fellow that got put on the back shelf somewhere in Germany??? Thanks

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska
I just purchased Zeiss Conquest HD's in 10x42...compared them to Vortex, Cabela's and Minox. Zeiss were clearly better.

Researched all the warranties.

Did see a pair of Vortex on ebay, and had scratch on optics. Thinking Vortex had the great warranty, I called them asking how it worked. Vortex peeps said they would fix or replace nocs if the damage effected view. If there was no change in performance, then they would not fix what they called "cosmetic" damage. Never mentioned anything about replacement while my nocs were being fixed.

I think Zeiss did the right thing in sending you a set of binoculars to use now, while getting your originals fixed. I would not have a problem with loaner binoculars.

I have heard Zeiss binoculars need to be sent back to Germany for warranty repairs. Again, I don't have a problem with that policy. Get the product fixed right, and get it back to me when you can. At least they provided you loaners.

Keep us posted.

brianboh

Jun 4, 2015
Powell, Wyoming
I just purchased Zeiss Conquest HD's in 10x42...compared them to Vortex, Cabela's and Minox. Zeiss were clearly better.

Researched all the warranties.

Did see a pair of Vortex on ebay, and had scratch on optics. Thinking Vortex had the great warranty, I called them asking how it worked. Vortex peeps said they would fix or replace nocs if the damage effected view. If there was no change in performance, then they would not fix what they called "cosmetic" damage. Never mentioned anything about replacement while my nocs were being fixed.

I think Zeiss did the right thing in sending you a set of binoculars to use now, while getting your originals fixed. I would not have a problem with loaner binoculars.

I have heard Zeiss binoculars need to be sent back to Germany for warranty repairs. Again, I don't have a problem with that policy. Get the product fixed right, and get it back to me when you can. At least they provided you loaners.

Keep us posted.
Vortex will replace the lens. I have sent mine in 3 different times.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
For what its worth I'm not a big fan of the "use this till we fix yours" policy that some optics manufactures employ. I like the companies that send me the same back brand new or the next model up within a week or 10 days. Main reason why I wont stray too far from Leupold.

On the flip side, nothing compares to european glass for clarity, light transmission...etc.

CForest

Nov 8, 2015
Richland MT
For what its worth I'm not a big fan of the "use this till we fix yours" policy that some optics manufactures employ. I like the companies that send me the same back brand new or the next model up within a week or 10 days. Main reason why I wont stray too far from Leupold.

On the flip side, nothing compares to european glass for clarity, light transmission...etc.

I agree 100%. I wish leupold would've had something to compete with the European glass in a set of binos. I didn't ask a lot of questions when I sent my conquests away since it was the off season. But I totally expected a new pair to return shortly. On the plus side the pair the sent me are at a lot higher price point then the ones I actually bought. Maybe i'll just tell them to keep the conquests haha.

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska

All my rifle scopes are Leupold. My first binoculars were Cabela's branded Outfitter series. This is my first venture in to Zeiss and European glass.

Vortex were good, but the Ziess were clearly better. Can't wait to get them in the field in November.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
I returned my 12x56 a while back. It did take longer than I expected but got them returned and fixed now problems. It was off season and it was a little frustrating. Maybe if they just would have had a little more contact about was currently going on it would have been less frustrating. In the end my binoculars were repaired and back to me completely cleaned also

Shane13

Aug 8, 2012
Hawley, Texas
A few years ago my dad gave me a pair of 8x25 Zeiss binoculars that had been dropped and wouldn't quite get into focus. I called Zeiss to see if they could fix them and what it would cost. They told me to send them in. I did. A week later (or less), they showed back up at my house cleaned and repaired and with no bill to pay. Doesn't get any better than that.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
I was just curious if anyone has dealt with zeiss warranty? I bought some conquest hd binos this summer. They were a display model and got a great deal on them, once I got them I noticed a pretty good scratch on one of the lenses. Didn't think a whole lot of it and sent them away for warranty. Just last week I finally received a pair of binos (was starting to get a little nervous, hunting season is only a few weeks away) but they were not the same pair. They are some older victory fl in the same size 10x42. Look like very nice glass but they are used. If I understand them correctly they want me to continue to use them till the originals are fixed, then I must send these back in order to get the originals sent to me. So at this point I am not willing to mess with this process until after hunting season. Not real excited about the warranty process, it has taken forever and still not done dealin with it. Have you guys seen similar results or am I just the lucky fellow that got put on the back shelf somewhere in Germany??? Thanks
Did you send them to Germany or the North Chesterfield Virginia service center?

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
You would have to send them to the service center since sending them to Germany would require getting US Customs involved.

Now the service center might send them to Germany.

mntnguide

Very Active Member
I sent mine to the service center in Virginia. ..they then sent them to Germany for repairs. I sent them in to get my eyeglass pieces either buffed or replaced because they were so scratched from years of guide abuse...now, it took damn near 4 months for them to show back up on my steps...I wasn't exactly pleased with being left in the dark for that long regarding my $3,000 binos. .but nonetheless, when they showed up they were like new and I wasn't charged a dollar. I sent them early this year when I knew I had ample time I didn't need them and could use my extra pair if needed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CForest

Nov 8, 2015
Richland MT
Did you send them to Germany or the North Chesterfield Virginia service center?
Like others said, they go to virginia then germany. Maybe some things they can fix in vriginia without going all the way to germany? They make some fantastic glass, but not sure i would buy them again just because of this slow warranty service....

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

MTHusker

Apr 22, 2013
I was in Alaska three years ago, the eye relief became stripped out, mailed them back to Virginia, I spoke with a very nice lady who handled my case for a few months, from beginning to end. They repaired them quickly in just a couple of weeks, however, they did the same thing a few months later, I spoke with her again and mailed it back there once again. She then informed me they would not repair them and sent me a pair on brand new bino's. I was very pleased to see a company stand behind what they sell. I have two Zeiss scopes and the binoculars I have mentioned. I have NO PROBLEM recommending Zeiss to anyone.