Youth Double

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Had a fun, but really short, hunt Saturday with my son. We set up 100 yards away from the roost tree about 45 minutes before legal shooting time. It was raining and breezy so nothing was calling yet. 10 minutes before legal time the rain stopped and they started gobbling from the trees right where they were supposed to be. 15 minutes and a few soft yelps later, we had toms beating up my decoys. My son saved the decoys and filled 2 of his three permits in one shot.

Deboning for grinding-

We will grind with 10% bacon and package tonight.

Last edited:

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
16 pounds of burger in the freezer after using enough for 3 huge burgers for supper. For those that haven't done wild turkey bacon burger, you are missing out. It is amazing table fare. I'm hoping we can shoot a few more this spring to add to the supply.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Had a fun, but really short, hunt Saturday with my son. We set up 100 yards away from the roost tree about 45 minutes before legal shooting time. It was raining and breezy so nothing was calling yet. 10 minutes before legal time the rain stopped and they started gobbling from the trees right where they were supposed to be. 15 minutes and a few soft yelps later, we had toms beating up my decoys. My son saved the decoys and filled 2 of his three permits in one shot.
View attachment 34301

Deboning for grinding-
View attachment 34302

We will grind with 10% bacon and package tonight.
Love this! That's what it's all about man!

Reactions: Hilltop

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Pretty cool to see how much he appears to be enjoying the work after the shot! Good job!
He is very into the whole process. After he finished de-boning the birds, him and I worked together to do all the grinding and packaging as well. He even grilled burgers for my wife and I that night. Being able to help provide for the family is something he takes a lot of pride in. He just loves it.

Reactions: NE69