Youth Deer Hunt

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
Heading out tomorrow to central NV for my 12 yr old daughters first big game hunt ever, to say I am excited would be a understatement.
She shot her first duck a couple weeks ago during the youth opener. She has put almost 2 boxes through her youth .243 and I think if she gets
a chance she'll get it done, if not it will still be a great time.

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
Thanks guys, considering her Mom (my ex) try's to ruin everything we do outdoors hunting and fishing wise I feel like we are winning the battle. Spent a day just letting her drive us around in the side by side on good country roads. The day we killed her deer we where sitting there when Hank Williams Jr (Country boy can survive) was playing she pipes up and says this song is about us Dad! Great stuff!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob P

sleepingbear

Sep 15, 2011
Carson City
Great job. Congratulations to the young lady. Now if you can just keep the boys off their minds at about 14 -16 you may just have a hunting partner.
Not sure if i'll succeed but I've been working on that for a few years. She wants to be a Veterinarian and own a ranch with horse's so I told her she has two paths, College or College and a rich man will see but our foundation is solid. Time will tell