Wyoming wilderness guided hunt with 10 preference points

mvinski

Mar 1, 2014
Colorado
My buddy and I are looking for recommendations on a Wyoming guided wilderness hunt in 2021. We both will have 10 preference points prior to the application for 2021. I want the whole wilderness experience with horses, wall tents and large antlered elk. Rifle hunting is preferred but if an archery and rifle hunt can be done at the same time, all the better.

280ackimp

Jul 4, 2017
New Hampshire
I would think you could find an option but some are probably booked for 2021. I would have a difficult time deciding on a bugle hunt or traditional rifle hunt usually after the bugle season ? The remote experience can be had for both, The bugle hunt is something that is truly spectacular , I just dont know of any that are in rifle zones ?

mntnguide

Very Active Member
As mentioned above...Josh Martoglio with Trails west outfitter/shoshone lodge outfitters. If you can pull a tag for his backcountry camp unit, you should have a great wilderness hunt. You dont have max points, so im not sure what your odds are off hand, and you are a long ways from drawing the top late season migration hunts. But id suggest talking to him, and a couple others worth a phone call in a different area would be, Wood River Ranch, and another would be Tre Heiner with Washakie Outfitters. If you can pull a tag for any of those 3 outfits, you should have a great hunt.

mvinski

Mar 1, 2014
Colorado
As mentioned above...Josh Martoglio with Trails west outfitter/shoshone lodge outfitters. If you can pull a tag for his backcountry camp unit, you should have a great wilderness hunt. You dont have max points, so im not sure what your odds are off hand, and you are a long ways from drawing the top late season migration hunts. But id suggest talking to him, and a couple others worth a phone call in a different area would be, Wood River Ranch, and another would be Tre Heiner with Washakie Outfitters. If you can pull a tag for any of those 3 outfits, you should have a great hunt.
Thank you. I appreciate it!