Wyoming Unit 68

Kyledoskocil

Jun 29, 2020
All, my cousin, brother and myself were fortunate enough to draw party antelope buck tags for Unit 68 in Wyoming. We are from out of state and have never hunted this unit. I know it is a trophy caliber unit so we are on the fence about hiring an outfitter or just DIY. I think with all of the BLM and walk-in areas we can be successful doing DIY but I wanted to get some people’s feedback that have hunted the unit and what you would suggest.
Any tips or pointers that could help us would be greatly appreciated.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
All, my cousin, brother and myself were fortunate enough to draw party antelope buck tags for Unit 68 in Wyoming. We are from out of state and have never hunted this unit. I know it is a trophy caliber unit so we are on the fence about hiring an outfitter or just DIY. I think with all of the BLM and walk-in areas we can be successful doing DIY but I wanted to get some people’s feedback that have hunted the unit and what you would suggest.
Any tips or pointers that could help us would be greatly appreciated.
You definitely don't need an outfitter to kill a good buck in that area. That said, it all depends on what kind of experience you are looking for. Outfitters can typically provide a stress free experience where you don't have to think about too much. They can also help you field judge a buck so you don't end up shooting a 65-70" buck that looks better than he really is.