Wyoming Non-resident Elk

Elkcrazedfrk

Feb 21, 2011
No luck for us in unit 111. Odds went way down this year.
Jim...odd are going down for everyone who hunts Wyoming. When I srarted Archery elk hunting it was tough not to draw, now I just hope and pray for my archery elk tag...

fullcurl0

Mar 12, 2011
Out West
I think I lucked out and drew area 30-1? Anyone have any suggestions? I really wasnt planning on pulling a tag, just building points up but puting in for the draw cause you never know! I only applied for this unit because of EHJ suggestion. I hate to be this guy, but any help would be greatly appreciated! Is access private mostly or state lands? Should a guy hire a guide?
Thanks a bunch.

COLOelkman

Mar 12, 2011
Lakewood, CO
I put in for 7 also and it looks like after next year, I'll be in the top points pool for that unit. Boy, missing the first year of applying for points has cost me several years to be in the top category for top units. Eventually I'l draw!

thump&dump

Mar 29, 2011
I also had bad luck this year 25% chance. point for me..... next year will be my year! I will have to settle for montana, I am fairly confident on that.

Futboler

Feb 24, 2011
Great Falls, MT
Thump&Dump...you'll draw MT for sure. We have 1200 excess non-res Big Game Combo licenses up here. If you have a buddy that didn't put in and wants to go, a surplus sale will likely be around the 18th of this month.