Wyoming Non-resident Elk

Adam

Eastmans' Staff / Forum Administrator
Feb 8, 2011
Draw results were posted on last Friday...were any of you lucky enough to draw a tag this fall?

Attachments

grok34

Feb 21, 2011
Nope just point again this year. Always next year! Got lots more states to get lucky!

killz

Feb 24, 2011
didn't draw 7 either im thinking it all came down to the regular and special tags. the price on that special tag is ridiculous. its all coming down to has the most money anymore.

killz

Feb 24, 2011
7 has little pieces of public here and there and they are usually landlocked or they have one place to access a piece of national forest at least where i have been. you can get on but be ready to walk and stay in your tent. lots of private and to lease or even a trespass fee is ridiculous what they want. money is nothing the most of the ranchers up there.

sbc

Feb 27, 2011
ky
drew unit 38 type 9, first time to wyoming anyone hunted this area before, any info appreciated.

Elkcrazedfrk

Feb 21, 2011
Hey JenBickel I'm also a Wyoming resident and put in for 38 archery. Fingers are crossed that I draw a tag this year.

4hunting

Feb 26, 2011
Hi, My first time on the forum thing. Can anyone explain Wyomings point system to me. I thought I under stood it but after this years draw I'm not so sure. I'm trying to collect points for unit 35 and untill I get enough hunt on a GEN as a second choice. In other words be able to hunt 2 or 3 years staight on a second choice then draw the hard tag (unit 35) when I get enough points. It looks like I got it wrong. HELP ! ! !

Elkcrazedfrk

Feb 21, 2011
I'm also from Sheridan. Heck, for all I know we could be neighbors..lol.. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.