Wyoming leftover elk options

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm surprised how many leftover tags there are this year. Plenty of ways to go hunt elk if someone wanted to go this fall.
I saw that too.

I think maybe these gas prices, plus higher costs in general with the inflation, might be giving some folks cold feet. For me, coming from a guy that has yet to bag one, with limited experience, elk are just harder; and with limited resources, I decided some years back to stick with antelope and deer out west, til my financial and vacation situation could support an 'elk habit'.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I saw that too.

I think maybe these gas prices, plus higher costs in general with the inflation, might be giving some folks cold feet. For me, coming from a guy that has yet to bag one, with limited experience, elk are just harder; and with limited resources, I decided some years back to stick with antelope and deer out west, til my financial and vacation situation could support an 'elk habit'.
Elk are harder but beyond the tag cost, I don't really feel they are much more expensive. Gas would be the highest expense and you pay that getting there regardless of species. 3-5 day cow hunts give you a good shot at success in some areas IF you can find decent access.

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
Im thinking really hard about picking up an elk tag. Im dying to go on my first elk hunt and get a little experience before burning points. Kinda regretting my spring turkey hunt right now

Reactions: Bonecollector