Wyoming Left-Over Draw Results

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
The draw has been over for more than 4 hours and not a single post.... Come on guys! LOL
Anyone put into the leftover draw? If so, anyone draw?
Results were as bad as the primary from my initial assessment.
However, I did draw a muley doe tag in unit xyz as my 2nd choice. First choice was a tag/unit with more public options, but no such luck. Just glad we drew which keeps the chances of hunting a mulie for my newbie friend a possibility. At this this point, I have 2 small areas to hunt, but am looking for some private access if anyone knows someone north of Gillette in unit 18 willing to allow 2 hunters on for doe, I'd be much obliged. If possible, please PM any leads. I would be willing to pay a small trespass fee if required.
As stated, I am taking another newbie this fall and would like to get him on his first mulie, even if it is a doe. We will already be hunting antelope (buck & doe) a few hours south and I just want to give him a great experience and the chance to hunt another species.The tag was only $34 so I didn't have much to lose, but really want to help this young man experience both species/hunts.
Thanks guys!

Last edited:

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
In all seriousness though, there are a couple good cow elk tags still available if someone is looking for a tag to hunt on.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Bumping this up again. Any landowner contacts known for my newbie hunter/friend? Really want to get him a doe, if possible. I don't care about eating the tag. I knew the risk going into it.
I'll start doing some research over the weekend, but wanted to first check here.
If not no worries. Appreciate it men.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I would help if I could but I am not very familiar with that area. I have had a lot of luck through the years contacting regional game wardens. Some of them have had a lead or two that turned into good permission. Worth a shot imo.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I would help if I could but I am not very familiar with that area. I have had a lot of luck through the years contacting regional game wardens. Some of them have had a lead or two that turned into good permission. Worth a shot imo.
That’s my next step. Just wanted check with our group here first. 👍

sigpros

Very Active Member
Aug 10, 2011
missouri
Congrats Hilltop and Bonecollector.

The boy drew a doe antelope tag so we are going to head up and try and get him his first western animal. It will be his first out of state hunting trip. I also drew a doe tag in the same unit but the focus is on him and filling his tag

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I grabbed a few more doe 'lope tags. Be tough to fill due to obvioius reasons (leftover tags are problems or challenges - lol), but I'm gonna try.
Saw a tough muley doe tag, but dates didn't line up, but adding it to my research vault. ;-)

Reactions: sigpros and LCH

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Sending good mojo to all my friends on the forum; haven't posted much lately, just been busy with life: generally good things, can't complain too much! lol

WY draws were brutal this yr for me & my hunting buds...hoping some sanity returns in the coming yrs.

Failed to draw 3x, including the LO draw. Grrr...

I did pick up a tag out of the bargain bin when the store opened up yesterday. Has some access headaches, but will be better than staying home.

Total change in what I 'planned' for this fall, but looking forward to learning some new country and getting outside. Make lemonade from those lemons! 🍋

Regards,

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
Sending good mojo to all my friends on the forum; haven't posted much lately, just been busy with life: generally good things, can't complain too much! lol

WY draws were brutal this yr for me & my hunting buds...hoping some sanity returns in the coming yrs.

Failed to draw 3x, including the LO draw. Grrr...

I did pick up a tag out of the bargain bin when the store opened up yesterday. Has some access headaches, but will be better than staying home.

Total change in what I 'planned' for this fall, but looking forward to learning some new country and getting outside. Make lemonade from those lemons! 🍋

Regards,
I'm afraid the draw odds from here on out will only get worse. JMO, a warden friend of mine agreed. More and more folks applying, the poor economy isn't a factor I guess. Hunter #'s declining? Not where I hunt, there's more every year.

Reactions: Prerylyon

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
My gut says that numbers may be declining overall, but the call of hunting out west is getting stronger with opportunity getting tougher and tougher the further east you go.