Wyoming Elk Hunt - Guided Question?

FlyingMuleRider

Jul 22, 2015
Western Montana
Got a good friend of mine w/ at least four (4) college buddies and all are experienced hunters w/ 7 Wyoming preference points. They are looking for a guided Wyoming elk hunt. Any suggestions for the right area and guide?

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Just a clarification; do each of you have seven points, or is that seven total. Even a general NR area will take near two points to draw. You can still get a point for this year if you haven't done so yet. Many of the best outfitters typically book two years in advance, so that would put you into 2017. When I draw a WY deer or elk tag I get some outfitter mailings, and it makes me wonder why they have any openings just a dew months before the season starts.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
What type of hunt are you looking for? Guided hunts come in all shape and size. Is your goal to shoot a big 6x6 easily? Do you want a back country horse back hunt? Camp atmosphere or stay in a hotel? Is cost a consideration? Archery or rifle?

mntnguide

Very Active Member
Do they have any idea of where they want to hunt unit wise? Or are they just clueless with 7 points in Wyoming? there are hundreds of outfitters in the state from private to public and horseback to fancy lodge. ..definitely find out what are looking for and that will help narrow it down. ..if they don't have any clue on unit etc....they are gonna have a lot of outfitters and information they need to sift through to make a good decision

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk