Wyoming 2016 Hunting Forecast

WY ME

Very Active Member
Feb 4, 2014
Wyoming
WG&F has put out their hunting forecast for 2016 and as expected it is generally on the uptick due to the recent mild winters and summer rains. I browsed a few of the antelope areas I'm familiar with and feel the Game & Fish were spot on in their assessments. I'm glad they recognize the dismal state of the antelope habitat south of Pinedale and the subsequent poor numbers of antelope in areas such as in 90-2.

This is a really good 28 page source of information for nonresidents who have questions about the current status of all wild game in WY.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/SW_HuntingForecast.pdf

WY ME

Very Active Member
Feb 4, 2014
Wyoming
I'm thinking about applying where they say the numbers are down a little, hoping the drawing odds will be slightly better.
Although numbers are below objectives in a few areas, the last couple winters have been decent so there should be some older age deer and antelope bucks in those areas.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Although numbers are below objectives in a few areas, the last couple winters have been decent so there should be some older age deer and antelope bucks in those areas.
I have talked to quite a few with that opinion- I think it will be tough to draw those tags this year.