WY Sheep and Mtn Goat Tag in the same year....A Good Problem To Have?

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Go buy a lotto ticket too !
I myself would hunt for sheep the hardest. I hope it all works out for you and you have enough vacation time.
I think I'd take Umpqua's lead. May be a time saver.

HayHay98

May 22, 2012
Wyoming
It's official, both tags punched! Shot my ram yesterday at noon. 7-1/2 year old ram, 161-7/8. I'll be posting pictures of both my WY Bighorn Sheep and WY Mtn Goat within the next day or so. Hunted 2 days total for my sheep, saw a total of 7 different rams. What a great hunt and the fall hunting season of a lifetime! Nothing left to do now except soak it all in and relax a little with my family.

Okbow87

Jun 20, 2012
Oklahoma City, OK
Way to make good on both tags. I bet you don't ever forget this hunting season!

If you don't mind, which outfitter did you hunt with and did you kill the ram in unit 22 or 5?

HayHay98

May 22, 2012
Wyoming
I hunted with Wind River Mtn Outfitters based in Dubois, WY. I killed my ram in Area 5 however, did see a very nice ram in 22 on the first day of the hunt. My dad also used them and killed a very nice ram in Area 10. I would highly recommend them to anyone with an Area 4, 5, 10, 22 sheep permit. They've harvested well over 300 rams in their history, my guide had 75 under his belt. I'm pretty certain they were 100% again this year on 11 sheep hunts.

BKC

Very Active Member
Feb 15, 2012
The high plains of Colorado
My two favorite hunts of all time were my goat in 97 followed by my sheep in 2001. I can't imagine hunting them both in the same year unless they were in the same unit. That is one hell of an accomplishment. Congrats!!!