WY Big Game Draw Date

HogsFly

Apr 8, 2018
Parker, Colorado
In the email I received from WY today, it indicated that the big game draw date is planned for 21 JUN. Does that sound correct, and is that earlier than normal?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
This will give me a day to find out if I drew anything in Nv before it closes. I’ll have enough time to get into the Wyoming draw if I don’t draw Nv.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Here is the history on the Wyoming deer and antelope results being posted:

2011: June 24

2012: ??

2013: June 19

2014: June 12

2015: June 19

2016: June 21

2017: June 22

jerm8352

Jul 24, 2013
I still do not understand why it takes 3 weeks to release the results. Maybe it is just me being impatient but with computers and what not, I would figure only a couple days to double check what the computer does in no time at all.

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Yep. I recall they issued too many bull elk tags for Unit 7. Imagine trying to rectify that situation!

Wyoming probably has the fastest turn around of any state in the West.
Yup I can definitely deal with these WY turnaround times. Gives me time to plan. When I draw AZ Kaibab archery deer I got like 3 weeks warning before season opener! Not good.

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
One thing I've noticed is that Wyoming would often release results 1-2 days early.. Not the last couple years though, they've let them go right at officially stated times.

EBOLAVIRS

Aug 21, 2011
Yep. I recall they issued too many bull elk tags for Unit 7. Imagine trying to rectify that situation!

Wyoming probably has the fastest turn around of any state in the West.
Nope, Cali does it in 10 days, sometimes less. Deadline the 2nd of June results June 12 sometimes a couple days early.

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
Nope, Cali does it in 10 days, sometimes less. Deadline the 2nd of June results June 12 sometimes a couple days early.
I was referring to "hunting" states in the west. :rolleyes:

I mean if you think about it, how long does it take to verify that you correctly issued the handful of quality tags there are in California. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

EBOLAVIRS

Aug 21, 2011
I was referring to "hunting" states in the west. :rolleyes:

I mean if you think about it, how long does it take to verify that you correctly issued the handful of quality tags there are in California. :rolleyes:
California is the butt of many jokes, deservedly so. Issuing tags is issuing tags whether they are deemed quality tags or not, the draw process is the same. I suspect California has more applicants overall for a similar number of species simply due to population alone.

Cali does a lot of things wrong, but the efficiency of its big game draw process is unmatched.