WY Area 34 Deer

WY ME

Very Active Member
Feb 4, 2014
Wyoming
Just wondering if anyone might have some general pointers for area 34 deer. My daughter drew a tag but I've never stepped foot in that area and don't know squat about it. I'd just like to find her a nice 4 point, not looking for a monster. She's in college at Laramie so we're probably only looking at hunting one weekend. If she doesn't kill a deer it's not a big deal. Thanks.

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
I hunted it last year, Buddy from Casper helped Me. We went in the sand dunes North west of Casper. Lot a deer But no giants found in 2 days.Went up north to the hills and pines and was Nasty windy, Few does and thats all Others wern't seeng much either went back to the dunes and Killed this little one. Didn't hunt hard Cause I had to get back to AZ. For My Kaibab hunt. .She should do fine down in the dunes .Good luck........BOB!IMG_0349.jpg

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I elk hunted the extreme north end of this unit during September several years ago. We came across a decent amount of deer and some nice bucks on the Walk In and public ground up there but I’m not sure if they hang around for gun season. Also hunted the western border of the unit in October and came across decent numbers of deer and nice bucks but never seen any monsters, although we were looking for elk not deer.

ROGER SANCHEZ

Dec 3, 2012
Just wondering if anyone might have some general pointers for area 34 deer. My daughter drew a tag but I've never stepped foot in that area and don't know squat about it. I'd just like to find her a nice 4 point, not looking for a monster. She's in college at Laramie so we're probably only looking at hunting one weekend. If she doesn't kill a deer it's not a big deal. Thanks.
Believe it or not, I saw some great bucks in the sage brush country on 33 mile road. I think that country gets overlooked by a lot of deer hunters. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WY ME

Very Active Member
Feb 4, 2014
Wyoming
Thanks Roger. Me and my daughter are gonna try to make it over there this summer and take a little peek. We'll check out the area you mentioned while we're there. Much appreciated

Reactions: ROGER SANCHEZ