Wolves

In God We Trust

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Colorado
I just wanted to ask the members of this forum to go to biggameforever.org, they do not ask for donations. All they ask is that you sign petitions in support of wolf de-listing. Whether you live in wolf country or just go to hunt there it is important that we support state wildlife agencies in controlling wolf populations. The federal Govt. does not care about hunting rights or opportunities. If the states can not control wolf numbers elk, moose, and deer herds will keep declining and all of the work sportsman have done in the last 100 years will be erased. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Here is a link to a documentary a young man made on the issue. He is from Montana and if more young people would get involved like him the sky would be the limit.
http://cryingwolfmovie.com/

Last edited:

jvidrine

Aug 13, 2011
Lake Charles, LA
WOW! I live in louisiana and had no idea of the problems the wolf caused. That documentary was excellent. Thanks for sharing and I will certainly share with others.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Just got home from an 8 day hunt in the Thorofare area of the Teton Wilderness in Wyoming bordering Yellowstone NP. The wolves have taken a horrendous toll on the biggame in this area. the numbers of elk & moose are substantually lower. I personally saw a pack of 9 and 2 singles. The 9 went after a group of cows, calf & a lone bull I was glassing after the bull bugled. The elk are not bugling and are really very spooky because of this. Saw lots of bones everywhere I hunted. We need to really control their numbers or the elk and moose numbers will never be the same!

Joe Hulburt

Mar 14, 2011
Oregon Coast
There are some really twisted folks out there using wolves as a tool to end sport hunting! Glad to see a couple get locked up today.
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Activists-arrested-at-ODFW-for-wolf-protest-130749258.html

Pretty sure the guy is a troll that shows up on the heavily moderated (ruined really) website ifish.net and gets every wolf thread deleted. The anti's have a lot of power and websites that cater to them are doing a lot of damage.