Wolves in Colorado

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Im not happy about ballot box wildlife management. For the wolves, they are heading to colorado no matter what either through introduction or migration from the north. Pretty sure there are established packs in the northwest portion of the state.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I just caught the last end on the news about them introducing Wolves in Colorado on the western slope. Not happy about that unless there is going to be a season on them.
there will be. twenty or thirty years from now. probably not before your herds are decimated and for sure not until after millions of taxpayers' dollars are spent fighting for it.
but I am just going off what it took in Idaho as reference. who knows seeing how Colo is now new Cali it might even be billions and a century.
regardless, it will happen someday.

I would add, "live long and prosper ", but let's face it, the course Colo is following is not making that a likely scenario.

elections have consequences.

Last edited:

disabled combat vet

Jul 13, 2019
Pueblo, Colorado
there will be. twenty or thirty years from now. probably not before your herds are decimated and for sure not until after millions of taxpayers' dollars are spent fighting for it.
but I am just going off what it took in Idaho as reference. who knows seeing how Colo is now new Cali it might even be billions and a century.
regardless, it will happen someday.

I would add, "live long and prosper ", but let's face it, the course Colo is following is not making that a likely scenario.

elections have consequences.
true just frustrating

Reactions: kidoggy

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The sad thing is that looking at the map it includes units where the deer and elk are already struggling even without wolves

Reactions: kidoggy

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
This just sucks!!!!! We’ve all seen this story before and it hasn’t ended well. The government, uneducated, and clueless people have no clue of what’s going to happen…..then again, maybe they do. Just not good!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The government needs to go with the will of the people. Here in Colorado 51%+ said that they wanted wolves. They also voted years ago to eliminate the spring bear hunt along with using dogs.

The folks up in British Columbia decided that they didn't want hunters to hunt Grizzly bears and passed a law to eliminate it.

Today more than ever hunters need to band together rather than saying that because they don't or won't hunt a animal that it doesn't bother them if something is banned or if wolves are added to a area that they never hunt and that it won't affect them.

The same can be said about gun laws. How often have you heard that iis fine to ban this type of rifle because they only use their boltaction rifle once or twice a year and that it won't affect them?

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
This just sucks!!!!! We’ve all seen this story before and it hasn’t ended well. The government, uneducated, and clueless people have no clue of what’s going to happen…..then again, maybe they do. Just not good!
they know exactly what will happen. the wolf is a tool to get your guns. once they no longer need them the wolf lovers will disappear.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
The government needs to go with the will of the people. Here in Colorado 51%+ said that they wanted wolves. They also voted years ago to eliminate the spring bear hunt along with using dogs.

The folks up in British Columbia decided that they didn't want hunters to hunt Grizzly bears and passed a law to eliminate it.

Today more than ever hunters need to band together rather than saying that because they don't or won't hunt a animal that it doesn't bother them if something is banned or if wolves are added to a area that they never hunt and that it won't affect them.

The same can be said about gun laws. How often have you heard that iis fine to ban this type of rifle because they only use their boltaction rifle once or twice a year and that it won't affect them?
this is why minorities win. there are very few things people can agree on.

for a short time, I thought the pendulum just might swing back to sanity.

IT WILL NOT!
this world is about to reap what it has sown.
I thank GOD my days are coming to an end.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
You’re absolutely right, “sucks” and “is not going to end well “ . Plenty of examples to choose from. Good luck Colorado.