marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Friday
Rode the stationary bike 37 mins in my new Zealand series

Saturday work and date night

Sunday
Ran one of the coldest 5k races ive ever been in.

Did awesome 25:01 only 20 secs off my PR time. They did an amazing job keeping the course salted and plowed. Thanks city of Lansing and Playmaker for making it a safe course and having people by slick spots to warn us. Finished 3rd in age group very impressed and actually might of been able to push harder if I wasn't as worried about sliping.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Great run Marcus. You are smart to focus on your safety over speed, although it looks like your pace was plenty quick. In a couple months after things warm up and the ice and snow are gone, if you want to up your game even further, look into "farlaps" or "windsplints" during your runs. Beware though.....don't get too skinny.

Reactions: marcusvdk

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Second week back at it and i can now successfully sit on the toilet in no pain! I did a couple weighted pack hikes and that seemed to really help loosen up my legs and feel better.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
seems like i am starting over for the 3rd time this year. It always seem to be hard to be consistent in Dec, Jan and Feb for me.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Wednesday
Rode the stationary bike figured out why it was so hard a workouts. The resistance is stuck at max cause the resistance motor isn't working. Repair guy from the company to call this week and schedule day to repair it.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Well officially have signed up for my next major challenge. going to try out a Duathlon. 4k run, 20k bike, 4k run to end it. Love my 5k races but felt the need to add some more challenges and goals this year. This is one of the goals I have along with doing a half marathon. Now to start training.39322

Reactions: tim

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
listening to an elk hunting webinar last night. Something was said , that was suprising to me. One i don't even own a bow, so archery hunting has never been on my radar. with that said, they where comparing utah otc archery spike and cow hunts to colorado otc archery. The jist was if just looking to elk hunt and you don't care about branch antler bulls, go utah. stalks every day ect. If branch antler is what you want, go colorado. It was interesting to say the least. I did not even know utah had otc hunting.