Shrugs 3x20
Hammer curls 3x15
Bicep curls 3x1533304

Reactions: Bonecollector

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
So update for you guys i havent been updating my weight since begining of November when i hit 219.8. I have gained a few pounds back from that right now hovering around 223-224. Honeslty think its from muscle gain from lifting but im not putting anymore then that. So im kinda happy hoping maybe just a plateau but would like to lose the last 23 or so pounds the doctor wants me to loose.. i also have noticed even over this time im loosing inches i can wear a 32 wais in some jeans now and my 34 in most jeans are getting loose.

Side note Bill knows already but a new accomplishment i can do real push ups finally no more using my knees. I havent done it the real pushups ever. Was a big achievement for me.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I wouldn't be too discouraged on the small weight gain Marcus, you may well have nailed it as far as gaining muscle. The holidays always are a time of the year when I put on a few extra pounds, but I do manage to get back to normal within a month or so afterwards. Unless you are one of those guys with no ass to go along with a big gut who just slides his pants lower and lower, I find that keeping the same pant size is a good reminder to me to lose a few pounds. Even at my sleek fit USMC stage of life 45 years ago, I wore 32" pants (175"), so I doubt that you would get down to that. On that note, it's time to go out and move some more snow.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I wouldn't be too discouraged on the small weight gain Marcus, you may well have nailed it as far as gaining muscle. The holidays always are a time of the year when I put on a few extra pounds, but I do manage to get back to normal within a month or so afterwards. Unless you are one of those guys with no ass to go along with a big gut who just slides his pants lower and lower, I find that keeping the same pant size is a good reminder to me to lose a few pounds. Even at my sleek fit USMC stage of life 45 years ago, I wore 32" pants (175"), so I doubt that you would get down to that. On that note, it's time to go out and move some more snow.
I can say i really dont have a butt and just bought a pair of 31x32 slim jeans at Express. These fit perfectly but o do know there jeans run a little on bigger side so i believe improbably between a 32 and 34 depending on the brand

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Wednesday.
Elliptical series 5 of 24 workouts
Warmup 2 mins 20 secs
12 rounds ( 1 min jog, 30 sprint)
Did 3 min cooldown after workout

Lifts
Deadlift 3x10
Bent row 3x12
Shrugs 3x20
Kickbacks 3x12
Tricep press 3x10

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
as always december is hit and miss for me.
I will be back at my regular scheduled program in january.
Have a good new year and think BLIZZARD we need LOTS OF BLIZZARDS because it is; send it season now!!!!!!! Winter for me is the greatest time of year.

Reactions: marcusvdk

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I can say i really dont have a butt and just bought a pair of 31x32 slim jeans at Express. These fit perfectly but o do know there jeans run a little on bigger side so i believe improbably between a 32 and 34 depending on the brand
It might be time to start working on those glutes. BC may have some good exercises for you, but remember that if you are going for size you will have to up the weight. Heavy Squats are an option, but you put a lot of stress on the knees.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
It might be time to start working on those glutes. BC may have some good exercises for you, but remember that if you are going for size you will have to up the weight. Heavy Squats are an option, but you put a lot of stress on the knees.
Right now im not to worried about the lower body. I have always been pretty strong in my legs and base. From all those years of lifting in high school for football and then from running like i do. My calves are huge. I may very well have just lost a more weight in my lower half then upper at this point. My regular doctor made a good point at my appointment a month ago that i may not lose much for a bit as the body adjust to the new level and that all my extra skin could weigh up to thay 20ish pounds i need to hit my goal weight set by me and the surgeon. He main concerns were how was i feeling and in told him amazing and that was what he wants for me

Reactions: RICMIC

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Been taking it easy this week as it’s been my recovery week both in the Gym and Running. Did a belated New Year’s Day fun run this morning with a group of friends. We were missing a few folks but fun no less. We were rained out yesterday.
10 mi @ 8:50 pace in costume. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: RICMIC

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Been taking it easy this week as it’s been my recovery week both in the Gym and Running. Did a belated New Year’s Day fun run this morning with a group of friends. We were missing a few folks but fun no less. We were rained out yesterday.
10 mi @ 8:50 pace in costume. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 33349
Nice we had freezing rain over night and turned into 4 inches of snow by 4 am when i woke up. Looks like decent weather 👌

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I started the pullup & pushup routine again last week, but other than that have mostly been getting my exercise out in the woods. Am headed to the hunting shack tomorrow & have a big ash tree laying across the river where we draw water. Cut, split, haul stack, etc. Got to get it done before the snow gets any deeper.