(1 min speed
1 min recovery)
2.5 min cool down

Attachments

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
Hunting season has been interesting. My ankle surgery in march was way worse than I expected. The recovery is longer than I heard or wanted to hear. Still trying to figure that one out. but you make the most of what you got. The short story is I have fallen a lot, and I do mean a lot. Opening day of elk was cold and snowy. Peddaling in I did not see the buried stick, down I went, when my front wheel washed out. Later that day, I fell hard climbing down the cut bank to the road in a clear cut. Packing elk out, while bushwacking in snow, I took a step and my right knee felt painful. oh well. The next day I get my spike out and I am sore but feeling good. A couple of days later I am going down a very steep hill with brush and snow and feet out fall on my butt 3 times on that one hill side. A couple of days later I take a step and fall back and my right knee makes it hard to walk.

I hobble to my little set up I created to weather the 3 days storm out. I packed in a tarp, stove, water, tea, ramen and I can sit under the tarp and glass. I decide I need to leave there, because I physically can't get to the other hill side I would be shooting on. I throw my self a little pitty party and hobble somewhere I can get to, if I shoot. at this point, my left ankle is killing me, my right knee is super painful. Fun times.
I hear a wolf howl at this other spot and proceed to call him in. Only it is 2 other hunters. Funny and not. I take a couple of days off, because it is hard to walk. I can' t walk well, but I can ride, so I peddle in and shoot the 6x7. He was bedded on the gated road, he had to roll off of the road 20 yards to make it harder. Packing one of the qurters to the road, I decide not to sidehill out, but go straight up. Well you guessed it I fell, backwards and rolled a couple of times and finally planted my feet below me to stop going down hill. that sucked.

my wife hurts her foot, and we go see my foot doctor. he proceeds to tell me, he did so much work on the top of my foot, I won't be able to go straight up any more, I will be sidehilling the rest of my life. bummer. Sunday I discovered, my ankle just does not like bushwacking right now. I got between 2 blow downs and almost fell, that one would have been bad. So I am progressing, but not like I would want. Burpees, jumping jacks ect still hurt. I tried my t25 workout and after 2 days, I could tell I was going to start limping. so not yet. I am being told 12 months before full recovery. I am concerned about sledding this winter. Snowmobiles are way more important to me than hunting is. Anyway, just thought I would put something better up here, than my one liners. I do basically work out everyday, I just don't put them on here. I still have one more deer tag, the season ends sunday. I have been picky. I think I have passed up 15 bucks, the biggest a high 120's. looking for 140 plus, unless I kill a doe on sunday for sausage.