Who else is...

Timr245

Very Active Member
Jul 21, 2016
Northcentral PA
Thinking about buying a dreadmill, suggestions anyone? Icy roads make it more about concentrating on footing than running. Looking at Sole F63 heavily. Need a 12mph model and as much incline as possible.

Reactions: marcusvdk

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Thinking about buying a dreadmill, suggestions anyone? Icy roads make it more about concentrating on footing than running. Looking at Sole F63 heavily. Need a 12mph model and as much incline as possible.
I bought my last unit at play it again sports (used). They have some nice stuff there as many folks buy them and never use them. Big savings over buying new and the used model only has a few hours on it in many cases.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Wednesday
recumbent bike 30 mins, 10.28 miles
Surgeon recommended backing down the bike ride length for now getting this close to my 2 week special liquid diet for presurgery

Reactions: Slugz

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Wednesday
recumbent bike 30 mins, 10.28 miles
Surgeon recommended backing down the bike ride length for now getting this close to my 2 week special liquid diet for presurgery
Always follow the doc orders... but this seems odd. Did doc say why? Simply curious. Good luck buddy!

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Always follow the doc orders... but this seems odd. Did doc say why? Simply curious. Good luck buddy!
The liquid diet( which I start the 25th) she said is not enough calories to sustain me if I burn that extent of calories on the bike.

Not sure I agree with this part. she said 30 minutes of cardio is plenty and any thing over isn't as effective. making it almost pointless except for the enjoyment or personal satisfaction.

Now she did say if I did 30 mins of cardio stop and do some strength instead of going longer on cardio after surgery and recovery. Said that would be better spending of time. Since I have enough cardio a week but not a lot of strength exercising.

It crazy the amount of stuff i got to do with them in the 2 weeks going into surgery. Plus add holidays and I work in retail in a meat dept this week and weekend are nuts. Getting a little mental overload right now.

Reactions: Bonecollector

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
I went on a liquid diet once......Pattaya Beach Thailand.....only 10 days. I didn't like the results so I tried it again in Subic Bay, Philippines.
:)

Just joking. Not making light of the seriousness of surgery. Good luck Marcus all will be well!!

Reactions: marcusvdk

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Man last 3 days been crazy at work lost power on Thursday requiring us to pull all the food counters and get them on refrigerator trucks. 7 plus hours with out power to the units. Then next day had to reset and cut to fill the meat case going into our busiest 2 day stretch. Long days and OT the last 3 days.

Saturday
Short ride 20 mins 6.4 miles before bed

Reactions: Slugz