Where U going to hunt this year???

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Besides the tags you can normally draw or buy over the counter in your state of residency, where/what are you planing on hunting this year?

Reactions: LCH

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Leaving next week for javelina down in Arizona.

If Wyoming doesn't throw a curve ball again I'll be up there hunting antelope and perhaps deer.

Always have a tag for deer in Utah, elk is up in the air and I am hoping for a bison tag there also. They usually just laugh at me on the bison tag.

Should draw a muzzle loader deer tag in unit 44 back here in Colorado. I haven't decided on elk yet.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Head back to western Ontario for a black bear/ wolf hunt in mid sept Going back to the same guided struck out on bear there 2 years ago and the guide offered to have us back at the old rate since we didnt see any. They hit the baits just no luck last time. We also get some small game and grouse hunting in and some fishing in the mornings

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
1. Colorado deer and elk, archery
2. Colorado elk rifle 1
3. Colorado deer rifle 2
4. Colorado dusky grouse
5. Colorado pheasant
6. Colorado fishing
7. File for preference point for pronghorn (not in the mood this year) and bear (building points for a specific zone).

I'm a lucky son of a gun to live here. I aim to take advantage of it as much as I can. As big as the list is, I don't have time to even think about another state.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
No idea..... I have the points to draw Colorado Elk. Getting really close to Arizona and Utah Elk. Will probably try to draw my AZ tag, and will know the results before the CO draw. Will most likely shoot for the moon on the rest of my applications, Draw Colorado if I don't draw AZ, and figure it out from there.

Will also hunt Kansas for turkey/deer, and potentially North Dakota for waterfowl

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Wisconsin archery and gun deer
Wisconsin youth turkey with my boys
New Mexico elk—if I’m lucky enough to draw
Idaho deer and elk
Then just the usual bonus/preference points for sheep, goat, elk, deer

hutty

Oct 17, 2017
Wyoming Cow Elk, mule deer and antelope. Wyoming is make a few bucks off me in 2020.

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
I've been kind of wishy washy on it so far this year. I think I've settled on Kansas deer, 1st season Colorado elk, and Montana deer and/or elk.

If I'm real lucky, I might draw elk in AZ, NM, or WY, but not holding my breath on those.

Reactions: Prerylyon