what is your favorite game camera?

Mud Farm

Aug 18, 2014
Wisconsin
I really like my Moultrie cameras for picture quality and battery life. The ones that use AA batteries seem to work better than my other ones that use C batteries at below zero temperatures. My only complaint would be a lagging trigger speed at times.

I just read a bunch of review in a magazine (maybe field and stream?) and they said the same thing about Moultrie trigger speed. They gave best overall to a Browning model. I think I'll get one to try this season.

Hoytfanatic

May 16, 2015
Midwest
I've got a pile of Mountie m80s and the newer version, pretty good, especially if they're set over mineral, or slightly quartering down the trail to combat the trigger lag. However keep your receipts cause I've had more than one eat batteries right away so I always trade them out. Also, do not get one with a view finder, they are terrible on batteries.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
For whitetail hunting here I have six of the Spypoint G4 cameras. They are cheap but have very well over fields and trails. And if one gets stolen I am not out a bunch of money. I normally pick up one or two in January or February when they are on sale for $70-$80. The batteries last for 1000s of photos.

Last edited:

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
I totally agree with 25. I have a g4 and for the money it is great. The only issue is nighttime blur that can make the animal look like a vapor if it is moving very fast!

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
Is this pic in fla? Georgia?
For whitetail hunting here I have six of the Spypoint G4 cameras. They are cheap but have very well over fields and trails. And if one gets stolen I am not out a bunch of money. I normally pick up one or two in January or February when they are on sale for $70-$80. The batteries last for 1000s of photos.

badgerbob

May 18, 2015
Eastern Oregon
I've go a moultire I've been using for 3 years now. I like it fine, battery life is great and it takes good pix. Just picked up a Browning Strike Force It's been out for a week now. I'll pull the card sometime next week, curious as to how it works. .