What is everyone up to?

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I've been working on my stripper kayak between bouts of snow plowing and shoveling. We're at 85" so far with an average of 79" for a regular winter. March is often our big snow month, and if this continues I may well have to just abandon plowing my mile long driveway and fire up the snowmobiles. Pictures to follow.

Last edited:

mustang8

Jan 30, 2017
Central WI
I've been working on my stripper kayak between bouts of snow plowing and shoveling. We're at 85" so far with an average of 79" for a regular winter. March is often our big snow month, and if this continues I may well have to just abandon plowing my mile ling driveway and fire up the snowmobiles. Pictures to follow.
Hows the deer hunting up in that part of the state? Been thinking about trying a MN non res hunt this fall but never been up in that area! I wish we got that much snow here in central Wis!

Reactions: lukew and memtb

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Just getting my stuff in order for my safari to South Africa this June.

I like to have everything ready a few months ahead of time just incase something happens. I can just deal with the problem instead of all the other things along with the problem

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
Getting ready for last weekend of deer/quail this year; virtually no prep required other than mentallly preparing for 3 ‘months of softball, baseball & not enough fishing. My 12 yo son bought a truck (wrecked) from the body shop next to my office and my 15 yo daughter just wants to drive the tractor (shredding brush & road blading this time of year in an ac/heated cab with blue tooth radio 🙄) so between those any free time to reload and have fun shooting/fishingfor myself will be limited to something like 1 June, 12:00-12:00:10pm).

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
Trying to get over a back injury, haven’t been able to even get out fishing! Hoping to take my son on a hog hunt soon, maybe we’ll have a chance to get out in the turkey woods, and trying to get a new business started while working my a$$ off at my real job. I have one more year with my son before he goes off to college and then there will be plenty of me time! Planning a Belize trip for my 50th and strategizing for hunts that I have wanted to do that I will finally be able to capitalize on starting in 2023. Other than that, haven’t been up to much😂

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Hows the deer hunting up in that part of the state? Been thinking about trying a MN non res hunt this fall but never been up in that area! I wish we got that much snow here in central Wis!
Don't waste your time and $ looking for deer in NE MN. There are still lots of deer in the transition zone....farms, woods, no wolves. I doubt if I'll even buy a tag this year, after 53 years. BUT, I should draw a WY elk tag, and if I'm really lucky maybe even two.

Reactions: lukew and memtb

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Just getting my stuff in order for my safari to South Africa this June.

I like to have everything ready a few months ahead of time just incase something happens. I can just deal with the problem instead of all the other things along with the problem
good luck!

Reactions: memtb and lukew

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
Trying to get over a back injury, haven’t been able to even get out fishing! Hoping to take my son on a hog hunt soon, maybe we’ll have a chance to get out in the turkey woods, and trying to get a new business started while working my a$$ off at my real job. I have one more year with my son before he goes off to college and then there will be plenty of me time! Planning a Belize trip for my 50th and strategizing for hunts that I have wanted to do that I will finally be able to capitalize on starting in 2023. Other than that, haven’t been up to much😂
Where you going in Belize? I’ve been to ambergris caye, and it was fun, but other than the permit, fishing was a little disappointing. Did catch the slam, but my tarpon was about 2 pounds

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
Deep in the draws/research.

aside from the long shots, trying to get my dad a Mountain goat tag...

strongly considering a NM archery elk hunt....

Reactions: memtb and lukew

Catahoula12

Very Active Member
Apr 26, 2013
Colorado, was Az.
1) Getting back on my workout/diet regimen I fell off of last last couple months due my physical pain issues.
2) Ordered new pack (smaller) from Kifaru to swap out with my current bag.
3) Studying hunt stats for elk (A & B), bear and deer from last year to get application info ready for submission.
4) Work on mountain bike in anticipation of warmer weather riding.