What is everyone up to?

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
I only got out ice fishing once! The whole winter has been occupied with wrestling and basketball for my kids. I have 3 boys, all three wrestle and one plays basketball too. So every Saturday is a basketball tournament and every Sunday is a wrestling tournament for 3 boys. Basketball is over, but there is one week of the season for wrestling, then it’s regionals and if fortunate enough, state finals! After that...we can get into spring turkey and fishing mode!

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
We’ve had a good, old fashioned real winter here in northern Minnesota, so I’ve only been fishing around 20 times. Most years, I’d have been on the ice 50 times by now, but I’m just over winter at this point. Looking forward to the snow melting, and good late-ice fishing, then shed and turkey hunting. Getting ready for a 10 day trip to the east cape of Baja in another week. Not a great time for fishing there, but we’re going to do a lot of it

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Been getting out a bit for ice fishing, not as much as I like...did a lot more last year.

The days I've went have been productive though:

MLK Jr. day...about the best Snake River Cutthroat I've ever caught:

Caught that cutthroat and a decent rainbow within minutes of each other:

Called it a day after 5 (I release every other one to enjoy the winter weather in Wyoming):

Presidents day:

Weather was sketchy, real bad wind (imagine that in Wyoming). Released 5, waved the white flag at noon and kept #6.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Wrapped up my daughters dance season. They placed second in state for both of their dances. This is the last of hurray for me after having all 3 of my children heavily involved in high school sports. Daughter goes off to college in the fall. A little sad closing this chapter in my life but looking forward to having more free time to hunt and fish.

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Wrapped up my daughters dance season. They placed second in state for both of their dances. This is the last of hurray for me after having all 3 of my children heavily involved in high school sports. Daughter goes off to college in the fall. A little sad closing this chapter in my life but looking forward to having more free time to hunt and fish.
That’s great. Having my 3 boys wrestling and basketball all winter, baseball summer, and football in fall. Not to mention, if my daughter gets into sports....I’ll be busy for the next 16 years! As much as I would love to have my winters back to myself for free time for me, I wouldn’t miss this for the world. So I definitely understand the bittersweet part!

lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019
Putting away the hunting gear and getting out the fishing gear. Daughter made the high school softball team so will be busy with that as well.
Glad we aren't doing the travel ball like in the past, that really consumes a spring and summer.
Totally get that... I remember long summers of travel ball.

lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019
We’ve had a good, old fashioned real winter here in northern Minnesota, so I’ve only been fishing around 20 times. Most years, I’d have been on the ice 50 times by now, but I’m just over winter at this point. Looking forward to the snow melting, and good late-ice fishing, then shed and turkey hunting. Getting ready for a 10 day trip to the east cape of Baja in another week. Not a great time for fishing there, but we’re going to do a lot of it
Have a good trip!

Reactions: CrimsonArrow

lukew

Administrator
Jul 1, 2019
Been getting out a bit for ice fishing, not as much as I like...did a lot more last year.

The days I've went have been productive though:

MLK Jr. day...about the best Snake River Cutthroat I've ever caught:

Caught that cutthroat and a decent rainbow within minutes of each other:

Called it a day after 5 (I release every other one to enjoy the winter weather in Wyoming):

Presidents day:

Weather was sketchy, real bad wind (imagine that in Wyoming). Released 5, waved the white flag at noon and kept #6.

Slayin them!!! I think I got out once this year... I need to get my priorities straight, lol