What are you guys reading?

Jdd2035

Sep 12, 2016
Cinder Spires book 1 The Aeronauts Windless,The Dresden Files Peace Talks, and Battle Ground.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I have read this year STEALTH by Peter Westwick; GRANT by Ron Chernow and a bunch of fiction novels.

The Stealth book was about some of the aircraft I worked on and the Grant book was a long read, but very good.,

I have read every book C.J. Box has written. Can't wait until the next one is published.

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
rereading the blue communism - raven alb j.

really brings out the commonalities of our government policies today compared to the soviets when they incorporated georgia to their communist empire.

would recommend this book to anyone who cares about the direction our government is heading.

also recommend the marketing of evil - david kupelian

for a brainless no thinking read I like anything
LEE child
clive cussler
tom clancy
c.j. box
dean koontz

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I tried to find the book on the SR-71, but people think that they are made out of titanium or something.

Other than that I'll take a C.J. Box Joe Picket book.

I can always fall back on my Zane Grey or Louis L'Amour novels..

The ones on reality and what's going on in the world right now are deeper than I care to go.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I liked The Walking Drum, and The Last of the Breed
I got suckered into the whole series so I have read them all and didn't find any that I didn't like.

I'd pick them up at the post office and have the book read within a couple of days

Reactions: El Serio

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Taming Wild Cats by Claude Face
Carpet Fitting by Walter Wall
The Greatest Detective Stories Ever Told by Watts E. Dunn
How I Crossed the Desert by Rhoda Camul
Apologizing Made Simple by Thayer Thorry
A Call for Assistance by Linda Hand
The Long Walk Home by Miss D. Buss

El Serio

Feb 1, 2018
I'm seeing a lot to agree with on this thread. Currently reading Lincoln by David Donald

Recently read the 3 Cornelius Ryan WWII books: The Longest Day, A Bridge Too Far and The Last Battle

Also The Battle for North Africa 1940-43 by W.G.F. Jackson and Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose.

I also own and have read all the Louis L'Amour novels, like them all, but especially the longer ones i.e. Walking Drum, The Lonesome Gods, Last of the Breed.

During the first half of the COVID year I read all the Tony Hillerman novels too; most are mysteries set in the 4 corners area.

bigmoose

Jan 2, 2012
Yerington Nevada
I'm reading the Kaiser's Web by Steve Berry right now. This is the 16th in the Cotton Malone series and I've read all of them. I like John Sanford's Virgil Flowers and Lucas Davenport series also. I also like CJ Box and Tony Hillerman.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I’m just finishing up book 19 of the C.J. Box series about Wyoming gam warden Joe Picket. Awesome series.
My sister had the whole series of Joe Picket given to her, two hard cover and the rest were paperback. And since I had talked about the books she gave me the set. I had read one that I bought on the plane on my way to South Africa so I started kind of in the middle at the time.

Then that winter I read all of them. They are the type of book that you really need to start at the beginning or else you will be lost for a while trying to figure out just who the characters are.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
With a 9 and a 6 year old my reading has changed.. My 9 year old and I just read Call of he Wild and she is on the 4th Harry Potter - my 6 year old is into Dr Suess right now so Sam I am...

Always bring a book scouting or when hunting for mulies w my bow as there is usually quite a bit of time to kill. This past year Touching the Void by Joe Simpson was the book I read while hunting. My go to for scouting is old history books from the area I am hunting it can take months to find one and when I do I compare to todays maps and information with the old routes and stories from a era gone by..

Last edited: