What’s your plans?

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
What’s everyone’s plans for this seasons hunting?
Outta State or in state, hopes or wants, what are you wanting for this years hunting season?

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
What’s everyone’s plans for this seasons hunting?
Outta State or in state, hopes or wants, what are you wanting for this years hunting season?

LOL, you ask but didn't start???
archery season around home for ELK
New later dates for rifle blacktails, cant miss this opportunity
Wife may get her antelope tag this year also.
Spring bear coming fast
all Oregon
Last season was pretty busy for me doing these type trips plus a wyoming type 9 tag(was great trip) and Kodiak for Sitka deer. And also got to tag along on my cousins California Bighorn tag. Also hoping to help a friend on a Wyoming elk trip. But when the draw results start coming out , could just add a couple more trips in ???

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
LOL, you ask but didn't start???
archery season around home for ELK
New later dates for rifle blacktails, cant miss this opportunity
Wife may get her antelope tag this year also.
Spring bear coming fast
all Oregon
Last season was pretty busy for me doing these type trips plus a wyoming type 9 tag(was great trip) and Kodiak for Sitka deer. And also got to tag along on my cousins California Bighorn tag. Also hoping to help a friend on a Wyoming elk trip. But when the draw results start coming out , could just add a couple more trips in ???
I didn’t start cause I’m unsure. I was hoping this will get my mind working on my own plans. Lol

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Just returned from Canada wolf , successfully but didn't post due to concerns over public forum backlash. Idk
March Texas hogs and fishing with my grandson.
April a cheap plains game hunt in South Africa that's been postponed for 2 years.
July fishing in Michigan.
Deer and elk in Colorado.
Maybe Texas whitetail in November

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Well, I can't/won't speak for any of the wolf lovers on this site... but I would love to hear about it your wolf adventure.

Now, can we hear about it and see some pictures?!
I meant trolls actually, lol
The guide gets death threats.
But anyway, I hunted in Ontario for 3 days. This was actually my 3rd dedicated wolf hunt will all past ones unsuccessful due to weather or not taking the shot I had. Also a few tags in Alaska where I missed one in a caribou hunt years ago.
This year getting started on my 3rd all day sit I had one come out at 9am. Frozen lake with a carcass at 240 yards. That one went down but as advised I stayed put and waited. They sometimes travel together but minutes to a couple hours apart. 20 minutes later I had my second one down. 1 is here at home to get tanned abs the other is still in Canada as I had only pre applied for 1 cites permit ahead of time. When i got there due to the number of sightings I made the decision to buy 2 tags.
Second one will come home later.
Not huge ones but super excited on the outcome this time.
Saw a lynx and a fox as well while I was sitting.

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
Will enter a couple draws although low odds. A man can hope. My trip to South Africa got replaced by Hawaii, not sure why I asked the wife which she would prefer. May take the bow and try for goats, sheep, or even hogs. If I do hunt it will be public lands. Going to spend time on O'ahu and Hawaii (Big Island). Of course I will have whitetail and hogs here in Arkansas. No turkey again as numbers are still bad in my area. Then I always like to fill the Ice box with crappie and a few walleye.

Last edited:

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
First things first......
Tomorrow morning I will have surgery to replace my left knee. Start PT next Monday.
Then.........
Myself and a couple of buddies are putting for deer and antelope in Wyoming. Then I will try and draw elk here in Colorado.

Plan on catching a lot of fish this summer in my new boat. The wet winter should help with all the water levels here in SW Colorado.
Make reservations for next years trip for my wife and I to celebrate oyr 60th wedding anniversary.

prhunter

Apr 18, 2016
West Texas
AZ... usual applications (deer, elk, etc.)
NM... usual applications (deer, elk, etc.)
CO... Elk & Deer points
WY... possibly burning antelope points depending on other draw results.

Reactions: Rich M