>>---> Weekly Workout Schedule's <---<<

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
I'm still in the sore stage after my workout days. Hopefully next week I'll be over the soreness and can get my cardio days going again. Did Squats and Dead lifts last night, legs are burning today.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
I'm still in the sore stage after my workout days. Hopefully next week I'll be over the soreness and can get my cardio days going again. Did Squats and Dead lifts last night, legs are burning today.
Keep on rolling!! My nephew keeps me working out it is tough to work out some days but with a young gun pushing you.I have added a few different lifting exercises the past few weeks trying to mix it up a little.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Fridays I sort of mix things up a little.

I start with a little lifting:

One-Arm Dumbbell Row with 65lb 3 sets of 10 each arm.
Lat pull-downs 3 sets of 15 85lbs
lateral front pull downs 90lbs each arm 3 sets of 15
Seated Cable Rows 3 sets of 15 85lbs
Biceps Curl 3 sets of 10 90lbs
horizontal arm pulls to mimic drawing a bow 3 sets of ten each arm @ 52lbs
Pull ups as many as I can three sets

Alternating sets of situps 4 sets of 25 and leg lifts 4 sets of 15.
Hyper extensions 3 sets of 15 with 25 lbs of weight

10 Minutes on the treadmill Gradually increasing speed and grade up to 6mph and 15% grade then back down to 3.5mph and level grade.

No work outs this weekend Tomorrow is opening day of our Turkey season!! Poor mans Elk Hunt!!

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
My wife and my buddies and I just finalized our plans for the Casper Train to Hunt Event in July; Super stoked. AND, I found the perfect rock to put in my pack last week. It weighs 105 on the bathroom scale and is long, flat, and smooth. Fits in my Dragonfly perfectly! No more water jugs. I will miss the drenchings at the end of the trail though. It should be heavy enough that I can leave it up there between trips and nobody will steal it.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Nice!! I use a bag with pea gravel in it. the bad thing is it is loose and you cant spread the weight out. I need a rock!
My wife and my buddies and I just finalized our plans for the Casper Train to Hunt Event in July; Super stoked. AND, I found the perfect rock to put in my pack last week. It weighs 105 on the bathroom scale and is long, flat, and smooth. Fits in my Dragonfly perfectly! No more water jugs. I will miss the drenchings at the end of the trail though. It should be heavy enough that I can leave it up there between trips and nobody will steal it.

7stwluver

Mar 27, 2014
Piedmont america
I do four days cardio a week. Treadmill on 15 percent grade at min of 3.8 mph for at least 45 mins. Plus cool down. And minimum of 20 minitues on the stair machine all while carrying 58 lbs in my pack. Two days a week I do some moderate lifting for an hour or so. Mainly legs back and some arm stuff. I plan on adding weight to my pack as I go. Hunting colorado unit 6/161 for elk this fall gotta get in shape. Been doing for a month now and can tell a difference. Good work everyone !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Just got in from my weekly hike. When the new pack comes in it will be time to add a few more pounds.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Changed it up a little monday. I added some pec exercises and a pec machine. Been sore for two days now!!

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday was the first day doing my homemade Train to Hunt Challenge course... It was awesome! The shooting suffers when the heart rate is that elevated; great practice! Here is how I laid mine out. Two targets; two-hundred fifty yards apart (I've only got flat ground at the house), backpack with 20lbs in it. (dog food in double garbage bags), one five foot by 18-20" log, one old bench, 50 lbs of dog food in an old military rucksack (for my wife), 100 lbs. for me. I do the exact thing that is in the linked video but just go back and forth between my two targets. Guys and Gals, this is easy to set up, fun, does not take a long time after work, and you can do it with your wife and kids, just modify it as needed. We are keeping track of our times trying to cut them down each week. We end each workout with a dozen arrows from 20, 30, 40, 50, & 80 yards then six from some wacky position between 15-20 yards. I'm telling you, this is awesome and will get you revved up for the season! Follow the link to see how its done at the competition then modify it to fit your needs.
http://youtu.be/8bIHaYVEW4w

hunterman2146

Feb 19, 2013
rock springs, wyoming
Here is my workout program:

Monday: 30 minutes on the cybex machine, level 5. Warm-up; Next I hit the weight room, Monday is chest day, 45 minutes hitting weights. Then it's 30 Minutes on the stationary bike, followed up by 30 minute swim.

Tuesday: 30 minute run, 45 minutes in the weight room, Tuesday is back day. 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minute swim.

Wednesday: 30 minutes on the cybex machine, 45 minutes hitting the weights, leg day. 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minute swim.

Thursday: 30 minute run, 45 minutes in the weight room, Arms and Abs, 30 minutes on the bike and a 30 minute swim.

Friday: 30 minutes on the cybex machine, 45 minutes on the weights, shoulders. 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minute swim.

Saturdays and Sundays are for doing things with the family, I usually try to incorporate some form of excercise on those days also. My son and I play a lot of soccer and we do a lot of hiking. Fun stuff, gotta keep moving.

Keep it up everybody!!! It definitely makes hunting season easier and more enjoyable.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Received the new pack and did my 4 mile hike with 60lbs yesterday. I will be bumping up the weight next Thursday.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Off to the gym this am. Went last week and had to really change my workout. Too much stress on the still healing ankle. So we'll see this am.
4 Days this week at he gym, ankle seems to be getting a lot better. No gym today as I am off to our local gun show. I have a table and will be there Fri, Sat & Sun.
Down 4# in 10 days. I weigh in the morning as soon as I get up. Everything seems to be getting back on track.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
4 Days this week at he gym, ankle seems to be getting a lot better. No gym today as I am off to our local gun show. I have a table and will be there Fri, Sat & Sun.
Down 4# in 10 days. I weigh in the morning as soon as I get up. Everything seems to be getting back on track.
That is great ! Once you get going it gets easier. I don't work out on the weekends. Its time that I take to do a little fishing and right now turkey hunting. Portion control on meals helped me out a bunch especially late day meals.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Changed my lifting circuit from timed to reps. We still do the cardio stuff & core stuff for time (one minute). Upped the weights and kept the reps between 12 - 15 still killer and fun. The wife is making awesome progress and I fell stronger as well. I cannot wait for the Train to Hunt Challenge in Casper, going to be a blast!

Bkypreos

May 9, 2014
AZ
This is an awesome threat that is on here. Look for me to be posting I'm new to the forum. Gotta love it!