Wasp broadheads?

COLORADO

May 15, 2013
steamboat springs colorado
What's everyone think of these broadhead for elk? Not a lot of reviews on them that are new so I'm curious if they're overlooked or a bad design? Right now I'm torn between slick trick, muzzy, wasp, and trophy taker terminal t locks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
You just opened a can of worms!
I use muzzy 100 gain, never had a problem.
The real answer is shot placement. You put that head in the heart, double lungs, liver/lungs, any animals dead.

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
I've shot the muzzy mx3 and slick trick standards and grizz tricks. Hands down slick tricks for me. I hit a mule deer in the shoulder and the mx3 blades were all bent up when I got the broadhead out. Shot a wt with the grizz tricks in the same spot as I did the mule deer and you couldn't tell I had hit anything with it other than it wasn't as sharp. For elk definitely go with the standard or magnum. I haven't shot the others so I can't speak to those, but the slick tricks are tough and fly great for me. Flight is a little better with the standards but the mx3s I never had much of an issue on flight though

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
I shoot my broadheads out to about 80 and 90. The slick trick standards fly the best at that distance, followed by the mx3s, then the grizz tricks. All start hitting low at those distances, but are dead on to about 70-75. My thought is that there is increased drag on the front causing them to drop at lower distances. I have no issues other than hitting a little low. It also may be a slight d-loop adjustment that I need to get them exactly right, but I haven't taken the time to figure that out. I put a lot of time into squaring ends of arrows, making sure there isn't any wobble in the heads when I spin them and all that. If you do that, I don't think any shoot that bad. A tuned bow is a must though.

I also used to shoot the mx3s out to 100 with my older bow, but it was a lot more of a forgiving bow than I have now and wasn't as fast. Had no issues back then, so I know they have the ability to fly good just depends on your setup.

Boehunter

Mar 26, 2014
Wyoming
I shot the wasp drones this season 100 grains killed a mature 6 point bull and an antelope. I chose them because a friend referenced me to them as I got a new bow and was tired of always having to resight in my bow every hunting season following outdoor 3d season. I used to shoot nothing but muzzy 4 blades never had an issue with them but they flew 4 inches low at 40 yards. Switched to the wasps they fly true as my field tips out to 60 see some small differences after that I have a seven deadly pins sight and I ended up adjusting my last two pins last season but very minimally. Performance was good I watched both the elk and antelope die bull maybe went 70 yards and the antelope went maybe 50. full pass through on the antelope, elk was not shot was around 35 yards and arrow came out as he was running away blades were bent kind of wavy and the tip was bent some. I don't care who you talk to if you hit an elk in the opposite shoulder or ribs your broadhead will see some damage.

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
Wasp jackhammer is the only one I tip an arrow with! The accuracy is the best of any head ive shot. The muzzy 3 blade and and the thunderbolt are hard to beat but the accuracy out of fast bows cant match the jackhammer at least for me.