unit 65 antelope wyo

00BUCK

Feb 23, 2011
NorCal
This is a type of antelope unit that you do not need to scout unless your goal is giant/biggest lope in the unit. Has plenty of public %80 and good populations. I would pick a good spot on public and make camp.

Have a fun hunt

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Anyelope hunting is easy. Big wide open, see critters about everywhere if they are there to be seen.

then you get to figure out how to get in range, the eyes are amazing.

80% public and not trying to set a world record. You’re gonna have fun. Dont shoot the first one unless you want to.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
does anyone know the best access into the unit
If I had the tag, I would start with the BLM roads Northwest of Sweetwater Station, off of HWY 287. Like others have said, plenty of ways into the area and tons of public land. Winter kill will be worse the further south you get in the area so I would focus on the Northern parts of the area. Don't shoot the first buck you see- there will still be plenty to look over. Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
If I had the tag, I would start with the BLM roads Northwest of Sweetwater Station, off of HWY 287. Like others have said, plenty of ways into the area and tons of public land. Winter kill will be worse the further south you get in the area so I would focus on the Northern parts of the area. Don't shoot the first buck you see- there will still be plenty to look over. Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
What he said.