Unit 45 Camping in Early November

2rocky

Sep 10, 2012
For people familiar with the area, what will I find open in the Cowles/Terrero Area? is it weather dependant? Doesn't look like there is a lot of accumulation until later in the season but there might be some snow. Do most hunters just find a truck camping spot outside of the USFS campgrounds?

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
DUDE.....
Where have you been? You used to be a regular. I sent you a few unanswered pm (probably over a year ago).
I don't have any Intel on this unit, but good luck and stick around.

MeganMcGrathnvb

Dec 7, 2020
Ehhhh.... November, when the cold weather starts . Camping is very cool, especially for travelers . Only in the campsite , you can feel like a real traveler , but no matter how cool it is, there are still not a lot of amenities . I advise everyone to try camping at least once . After camping, there are very pleasant and warm memories . All tips about camping and where, and how to stay can be found on the website brightcamping.com. Thanks this site for very good camping tips !

Last edited:

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
unfortunately I am not familiar with this zone
LOL - very interesting that you registered for the site to post a non-helpful response to an old thread.
I hope I am wrong and you stick around and join in the EF fun Megan. ;)

Too bad Rocky did not come back. He used to be a cool regular back in the day....

• Haha
Reactions: buckbull

Napes

Feb 25, 2021
I know this is probably SUPER late, but hey, it's my first day! :)
Useful link for camping in that area: https://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/santafe/recreation/camping-cabins
The country store in Terrero was closed this past summer, so you'll need to stock up in the town of Pecos. Multiple roadside campgrounds on the hard surface road heading in and several "dispersed" camping sites along the Forest Roads in the area. The forest roads around Pecos have gotten pretty bad so factor that in too, but I've still seen folks able to lug campers up to the top of the mountains.
Hope that helps!
-Napes