Understanding draw odds

Thomas11

Apr 22, 2013
South alabama
I'm just sayin no reasonable person can expect the rules and guidelines to stay the same for 20 yrs. I do understand your position. I'm just sayin AZ is doing what they feel most of the NR want to see happen. I can totally see where u feel like u have been cheated but rules are ever changing in most states and should b expected.

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
I'm just sayin no reasonable person can expect the rules and guidelines to stay the same for 20 yrs. I do understand your position. I'm just sayin AZ is doing what they feel most of the NR want to see happen. I can totally see where u feel like u have been cheated but rules are ever changing in most states and should b expected.
Why not? New Hampshire has managed to do just that for the last 20 years. And I drew my tag there after ~15 years. Fair and square without them throwing anyone under the bus, much less the most deserving sportsmen who paid the most and waited the longest.

How would you like all your points in all the states simply get cut in half overnight? Think that's a plan?

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
Managing Western game species has got to be a extremely difficult and complex task. Not only do you have to deal with constantly fluctuating game populations but you also have a budget that needs to balance, throw in politics and you have a hell of a headache.

No way to reasonably expect anything to stay the same, we can hope sure but the reality is leadership and science is ever evolving. Im just glad I dont have to deal with the mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Managing Western game species has got to be a extremely difficult and complex task. Not only do you have to deal with constantly fluctuating game populations but you also have a budget that needs to balance, throw in politics and you have a hell of a headache.

No way to reasonably expect anything to stay the same, we can hope sure but the reality is leadership and science is ever evolving. Im just glad I dont have to deal with the mess.

Arizona was not a mess. It had one of the best systems going with the rare feature of virtually no point creep. That's all over now. The state has chosen to throw the most deserved sportsmen under the bus, while bringing major point creep to the system, in exchange for loading their pockets with quick cash. Ya that's progress. Next will be converting more NR tags to auction. All at who's expense?

Simply raising tag fees would gave been a much more fair way of increasing funding. This "change" is geared toward maximizing profit by peddling the opportunity to NOT hunt. Selling dreams. A recipe mastered by Utah.

Last edited:

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
Arizona was not a mess. It had one of the best systems going with the rare feature of virtually no point creep. That's all over now. The state has chosen to throw the most deserved sportsmen under the bus, while bringing major point creep to the system, in exchange for loading their pockets with quick cash. Ya that's progress. Next will be converting more NR tags to auction. All at who's expense?

Simply raising tag fees would gave been a much more fair way of increasing funding. This "change" is geared toward maximizing profit by peddling the opportunity to NOT hunt. Selling dreams. A recipe mastered by Utah.
This is where I said politics comes in.

Im new to the AZ system and liked it very much, it actually paid off for me this year.