Turkey's, let's see them

MuleyHunter

Mar 23, 2011
Fruita, Colorado
Congrats to all on some great birds ! 😎

Here is my oldest sons first big tom. He killed a hen last fall, but had never taken a tom before. We found him on opening morning and he took him at about 12 yards.

I also found one side to a cool buck I watched this winter. I also have a shed to him from 2 years ago.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Had a hot bird this morning! We heard him from about 150yds on the roost. I snuck my nephew into about 80 yds and I backed up about 20 yds. After about 20 gobbles from the roost I finally gave a soft call since I heard no hens. He answered right back then watched him drop out of his tree. He was only roosted about 12 feet off the ground!!. Watched two more drop down thought they were hens but instead they were Jake's. The older bird strutted in the hardwood bottom below my nephew then chased the Jake's around for a few minutes. After a few more calls he came in on a string and Marshall put a good 35 yd shot on the bird. Fourth bird I have called in this season with two first birds, one for my nephew and one for my friends boy. Got most of it on video but couldn't see the bird for the shot!! Great morning!!

and done by 7:10!!

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Any one still hunting? Tomorrow is the last day in PA. Have one that is still talking. Hopefully tomorrow is the day.
Thought about picking up a Nebraska tag last mine, but would only be able to hunt one day, the last day. Think I'll hold off till next year. Good luck to you hope he comes in on a string gobbling every breath!

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA
Thought about picking up a Nebraska tag last mine, but would only be able to hunt one day, the last day. Think I'll hold off till next year. Good luck to you hope he comes in on a string gobbling every breath!
He wanted to play the game, but didn't want to come in. He's a good one for sure. Plenty of birds made it through the season and we should have a good hatch, which is much needed around here.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
He wanted to play the game, but didn't want to come in. He's a good one for sure. Plenty of birds made it through the season and we should have a good hatch, which is much needed around here.
Go to hear they had a good spring, makes it more fun when there's plenty to be had.
Hope that old bird makes it till next year so you can chase him again!

colohunter

May 25, 2016
Got my first bird this year with my brother playing guide and caller. called this tom and 5 hens up to a meadow on the backside of where they were roosting. The hens had other plans and drug the tom into the trees on the far side of the meadow 150 yards away. After a long while trying to get the Tom to abandon his lady friends for some new tail, we decided to loop around and sneak in on him. Took him at 65 yards with my brother 40 yards behind me keeping him excited to help cover my final approach.

It was great to get out with my brother as we havent had an opportunity to hunt together much since we both graduated school and started our careers.
DSCN0201.jpgDSCN0203.jpg

About Eastmans'

• Eastmans’ is a three generation media based hunting company whose goal is to promote the pursuit of elk hunting, deer hunting and all western big game. Our mission is to educate and entertain along the lines of bowhunting and rifle hunting to provide sportsmen with the most up-to-date tactics, hunting gear and hunting area research for both archery hunting and rifle hunting in the West.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Follow us on Facebook