Turkey Success Photos

RockChucker30

Feb 22, 2014
Tennessee
Turkey season is going in many places, let's see some pics.

I called these two longbeards in about an hour before dark.

18 lbs, 9" beard, 1.25" spurs : 22 lbs, 9.25" beard, 1" spurs

The next morning I called in two more and killed one.

20 lbs, 10.5" beard, 1.25" and 1.125" spurs

I love turkey hunting! It's a great time to be in the woods.

RockChucker30

Feb 22, 2014
Tennessee
I can take 4 bearded turkeys in the spring, then either a hen or tom in the fall season.

With two in the freezer I may switch over to the bow. I'd also like to get my wife her first this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Thats awesome cant wait for my season to open here and get a bird. Only allowed one bearded bird here

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
We are still in youth week here. Took a friend and his son out Saturday. Had a great day but his son had two clean misses!! Hes only ten and had been practicing all week before the hunt. I got all the action on video. Hopefully one day soon I will edit it.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Here is a fun picture of my 130 pound son trying to hold up a big Nebraska bird...

Never weighed that bird but I know he was my heaviest even though the beard was only 10 inches.

RockChucker30

Feb 22, 2014
Tennessee

Wild turkey, Cajun battered and pan seared in olive oil, then finished in the oven. Bacon wrapped asparagus and home grown baked sweet potato sides.

Guys, if you don't hunt (and eat) turkeys you're missing out!

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Nice work guys... I was hoping to add some photos from the weekends opener but I got worked over by an old tom. Humbling experience but staying on track. Good luck to everyone else. Gobble gobble.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Nice work guys... I was hoping to add some photos from the weekends opener but I got worked over by an old tom. Humbling experience but staying on track. Good luck to everyone else. Gobble gobble.
Same here going to give him another go later in the week.

RockChucker30

Feb 22, 2014
Tennessee
I've been close to #3 the last two mornings. Yesterday I belly crawled for an hour and a half to get within range of a group of three big toms, three jakes, and several hens. They left as I was about 15 feet from where I needed to be without giving me a shot.

People always say that aggressiveness kills game, so I got aggressive. The flock fed up the hill in front of me, then disappeared over the lip. I shortcut through the woods yelping and walking fast right at them. Sure enough, I pop over the lip and they're all within 30 yards. I identified a gobbler and shot at his head as he gawked at me and turned. I didn't win that one.

This morning I took my Dad to get a bird, and had one coming but he hung up on the lip of the hill and finally flew over to the neighbors place. I've put up a blind in a spot that I've seen birds the last two mornings so hopefully the thread gets updated with more pics soon.

Joseph

Jan 25, 2014
Creston BC Canada
Turkey season started here in BC on April 15 so tomorrow will be my first day out actually hunting. Hopefully it all comes together this year. We're allowed one bearded turkey in the spring and one bearded/hen in the fall. This will be my fifth year hunting them and I do love it. I thought I was sort of getting it figured out and then last season showed me how many ways I was wrong(too late, too early get restless and get busted as soon as I stand, hung up, henned up, moving when I should have stayed put, not moving when I really should have, call in hunters, get called in by other hunters. You name it and last season it happened. Good times! Can't wait to give it another go.
Some great looking birds showing up. Hopefully I'll get onto some birds sometime soon.

Last edited:

RockChucker30

Feb 22, 2014
Tennessee
Found this early this morning.

A couple hours later I found this guy.

22 lbs, 9.5" beard, 1 1/8" spurs.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
20 lb bird
11 1/2" beard
1 1/4" spurs
Bird flew of the roost after some soft calls . Landed 5 steps from me . Boom Flop.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
DSC01513.jpgGot a chance to get out and do some calling with a buddy. This guy hung up for about a half an hour. But we tricked him by having my buddy walk away calling as he left. After he faded almost out of ear shot, this guy poked his head out to see what was going on! How fun is that!

Last edited: