Turkey Fever

CrossCreeks

Veteran member
Mar 6, 2014
Dover, Tennessee
Things are warming up and so are the Turkeys, Took this 24.5 lb. 11-inch Beard Tom on Saturday opening day ! Some times luck is as good as skill, he was not going to leave his hens but couple of purrs brought him just close enough for a look a look with his group of hens to smack him with some # 4 shot !

Attachments

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Congrats on the long beard! Opener this weekend here in Colorado! Can't wait. Headed to Kansas the following weekend to try my luck as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark Mavis

Mar 6, 2015
Vernon Parish, LA
Nice bird you got! Us southerners get a little head start chasing the long beards, I've got one with a 10 1/4 beard, and called one in for my wife that had a 10 1/2 beard so far this spring. The rainy weather has made it difficult since opening weekend though. Good luck to all you turkey killers out there!

Attachments

Last edited:

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Nice bird you got! Us southerners get a little head start chasing the long beards, I've got one with a 10 1/4 beard, and called one in for my wife that had a 10 1/2 beard so far this spring. The rainy weather has made it difficult since opening weekend though. Good luck to all you turkey killers out there!
That's a great bird! Congrats!

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Today was our opener. Called in and shot this one first thing this morning.

This afternoon called this yote in for a friend.

CrossCreeks

Veteran member
Mar 6, 2014
Dover, Tennessee
Guys I do not get in the " Zone " very often but this is my second bird of the season on my second morning hunt. My bird on the top of this thread was a good one but this one is really a good bird. My best so far 26 lbs. 11 inch beard and 1 3/8 spurs. I just hope my luck will hold till fall for deer and elk. This past week has been do no wrong and the turkeys in Tennessee are suicidal. I am going to buy a lotto ticket before my luck runs out. (LOL) !
2105 Turkey # 2.jpg

Last edited:

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Guys I do not get in the " Zone " very often but this is my second bird of the season on my second morning hunt. My bird on the top of this thread was a good one but this one is really a good bird. My best so far 26 lbs. 11 inch beard and 1 3/8 spurs. I just hope my luck will hold till fall for deer and elk. This past week has been do no wrong and the turkeys in Tennessee are suicidal. I am going to buy a lotto ticket before my luck runs out. (LOL) !
View attachment 12856
Nice job! 1 3/8" is an awesome eastern. Turkeys have been suicidal down here to. Congrats.

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Nice birds! Hunted the opener here in Colorado. Those merriams are tough. Came close but couldn't close the deal. Headed to Kansas Thursday night to try my luck! Hopefully pics to follow!

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
Things are warming up and so are the Turkeys, Took this 24.5 lb. 11-inch Beard Tom on Saturday opening day ! Some times luck is as good as skill, he was not going to leave his hens but couple of purrs brought him just close enough for a look a look with his group of hens to smack him with some # 4 shot !
Very cool to see Cross Creeks in the background!

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Tagged out with bird #2 Thursday. We had two come in and should have had a double but my nephew missed his!! He wasn't to happy!!

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Thanks that was a three day drawing hunt on public land. I have drawn it 7 times and have called and killed 7 birds.It is by far my favorite place to turkey hunt. It is a pristine river bottom hunt. Beautiful place!!
Thata Boy!

Last edited: