Time to buy points.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Getting another speed goat point.

Anyone NOT buying points cause of the 90/10 thing?

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I bought mine for A/D/E a few days ago. I only go after those critters in WY with GEN tags for deer and elk. The antelope area that I have hunted is a harder to draw area (5 to 7 pts.), but have used that while building points or doing hunts in WY or CO. But, the pts. required to draw have pushed me out of the every year count on a tag category. I am planning on a WY elk hunt next year with my 4 pts., but found that in 2021 it was down to a 68% draw for the NR GEN tag.

Reactions: Bonecollector

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
Going to keep buying the kids points, my son has two more years of college and I thought he would be in-line for a decent tag after he graduates but with the 90/10 who knows. I am not sure what I am going to do after we cash in all of our current points.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
The 2022 application season will be the litmus test on how many people are going to stay in the draw. If the numbers hold at the higher rate for the third straight year then we should have a pretty good look at what the trend will be for a while.

Re-Entry into the system will be another big tell. How many people who jumped down to "lesser" hunts get back into the states they were successful in.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
The 2022 application season will be the litmus test on how many people are going to stay in the draw. If the numbers hold at the higher rate for the third straight year then we should have a pretty good look at what the trend will be for a while.

Re-Entry into the system will be another big tell. How many people who jumped down to "lesser" hunts get back into the states they were successful in.
Good point.

Next year may be the "dump year" where folks just go. Or they stay the course. Time will tell.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Good point.

Next year may be the "dump year" where folks just go. Or they stay the course. Time will tell.
Only so many applicants can ‘dump’ points each year based on tag limitations. It will take a few years for those wanting to go so to be capable of doing so. The number of applicants buying into the system of 1-3 pts may be a better indicator.

Reactions: gonhunting247

nylogger

Mar 19, 2011
Hate to see wildlife be the losers. Probably put money into the wildlife friendly infrastructure fund.