time limits for camping on federal land

mntnguide

Very Active Member
The reason that I would like to know where they have their camps is to avoid the people they pack back in there. I want to be as far from those outfitters camps as possible. If I knew where those camps were at I could avoid them.
I'm sure if you are that adamant about figuring that out, you could contact forest service and get that type of information

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

gypsumreaper

Mar 13, 2014
The thing is where an outfitters camp is doesn't mean he's hunting there, just think he's at that point to get a jump start on everyone else, he may still ride miles from camp to hunt, so you finding the camps isn't gonna benefit you a whole lot as he's gonna hunt anywhere in most likely at least a 5 mile radius of that. So if you wanna avoid the area that he has camps your not gonna have a lot of area to hunt. If you did get the maps of all the outfitters their camps and their permit area it will most likely be a guy punch for you. If an outfitter is packing in he has horses and the means to be very very mobile. But calling the forest service you are gonna have to know what you are talking about to get any info from them most times. They do help the outfitters just like the outfitters help them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^

When I had my unit 61 muzzle loader elk tag in Colorado a couple of years ago there were 2 outfitters in the area, their camps were about 2 miles apart. For the hunting part they were all over the mountain so what I joked about knowing where to hunt was just that a joke. The nice thing about having a outfitter in the area is that they just might have access to horses and for a fee they will pack your animal out for you. After I shot my elk and had it packed out my buddy went in a little deeper and shot his that night. He ran into a outfitter just after he shot his and made arrangements for them to pack it out for them. He said that it was the best $150 that he had spent in a long time.