This could be helpful in the backcountry

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Pretty cool technology... Guessing one of the big companies will take the technology and improve it to be included in our phones in the next few years.

Swift

Feb 14, 2015
Fairbanks AK
Resurrecting a super old thread because I just bought 4 of these. Mine are the newer version with MESH capability which can cover longer distance by making up to 6 hops between devices.

Has anyone used these in the backcountry?
I want to hang a couple of these up in trees to use as relay stations so I can increase my transmit distance.

I am stuck in NC until I retire from the military in the spring and want to see what kind of real world range and battery life they have so I cant do my real world testing to see if they work for what I want.

I know they were used quite a bit during our hurricanes, but I didn't have mine at that time to play around with it.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I looked into these a couple years ago and decided it wouldn't reach far enough and read a review on another forum where the guy said that it wasn't quite where it needed to be at yet.

Great technology though. I wish they made a booster like my Wilson cell booster that was compact and didn't require 12V. When wilson sold out to Eboost things went downhill.

Swift

Feb 14, 2015
Fairbanks AK
I will post a review once I'm able to do some testing on mine. I'm hoping with mine being the newest version they have made a lot of improvements.