Thinking about moving to Salem area??

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
We have the same problem here in WA. Eastern WA is a good area but the liberals on the west side have all the votes and we really dont have a say in anything. I feel the best solution is to relocate the OR/WA border to HWY 97. Everything west of 97 will be 1 liberal state and everything east of 97 they can leave us alone!!! What side of 97 is your house on Timber? If its west of 97 you might have to move but trust me it will be worth it:D
I would have to move about 500 yards! Let's make the border the Pacific Crest Trail!

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
It is a pretty liberal state, we need more guys like woodtick to move here so we can get this state back to what it should be.
I don't care what political affiliation it is, I don't trust a damn one of them. There all a snake in the grass IMO! Liberals are generally a lot worse but I don't trust most republicans either.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
We have the same problem here in WA. Eastern WA is a good area but the liberals on the west side have all the votes and we really dont have a say in anything. I feel the best solution is to relocate the OR/WA border to HWY 97. Everything west of 97 will be 1 liberal state and everything east of 97 they can leave us alone!!! What side of 97 is your house on Timber? If its west of 97 you might have to move but trust me it will be worth it:D
I think this is a problem in most western states. The liberal votes are in the cities and the country folks vote conservative. That's haow things are here in Colorado. The I-25 corridor is where most of the people live and that's where the liberal votes are.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
I would have to move about 500 yards! Let's make the border the Pacific Crest Trail!
Maybe we could put all of Bend, Redmond and any towns 97 cuts through that are not full of liberals in the eastern state. We could even give these towns a choice what side of the line they are on! lol

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
I think this is a problem in most western states. The liberal votes are in the cities and the country folks vote conservative. That's haow things are here in Colorado. The I-25 corridor is where most of the people live and that's where the liberal votes are.
I think state wide votes should go by counties, not just the most votes in the state. Anything thats voted on would have to have to have over 50% of the votes in over 50% of the counties in the state to pass. That would make it fair and not let it be decided by a few counties with most of the people living in them.

OregonJim

Very Active Member
Feb 19, 2014
Oregon Coast
Nailed it CC!
Portland drives the politics out here just like Denver does there.
If you get outside Multnomah County everything changes.

pmcgovern

Feb 11, 2014
Oregon
It is a pretty liberal state, we need more guys like woodtick to move here so we can get this state back to what it should be.
Absolutely! I try not to venture farther north than Eugene, if I can help it. I tell people I live in the State of Jefferson. As conservative as it's been, historically, south of Eugene, I can see it changing. I've lived here 35 years and I still love it.

tttoadman

Very Active Member
Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
Don't cuss the mid Willamette Valley because it hurts our feelings. I would have chimed in earlier, but i had both arms wrapped around a tree.

If they ever get the bullet trains through the Columbia Gorge, i told the wife we will move to Eastern OR, and i will commute to work over here. Probably never in my lifetime, but it is good to dream.

It really is hard to beat the Willamette Valley. I am on the west side of the cascades. I could huck a lawn dart straight over the hill and hit Timber's house. I can be in PDX in less than an hour. I can be in a Cascade wilderness area in an hour. I can be at the coast in 1 1/2 hours. It is a pretty decent deal.

pmcgovern

Feb 11, 2014
Oregon
Don't cuss the mid Willamette Valley because it hurts our feelings. I would have chimed in earlier, but i had both arms wrapped around a tree.

If they ever get the bullet trains through the Columbia Gorge, i told the wife we will move to Eastern OR, and i will commute to work over here. Probably never in my lifetime, but it is good to dream.

It really is hard to beat the Willamette Valley. I am on the west side of the cascades. I could huck a lawn dart straight over the hill and hit Timber's house. I can be in PDX in less than an hour. I can be in a Cascade wilderness area in an hour. I can be at the coast in 1 1/2 hours. It is a pretty decent deal.
HA!!!! Thanks for the laugh......ttt. I think we've got it pretty damn good. Like you said, I can be anywhere I want in a matter of a few hours. Ocean, snow, desert, forest, skiing, fishing, hunting, and on and on. There aren't many other places in the country that can claim that.

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
I'd like to thank all of you that's chimed in! Unfortunately the money wasn't right and I didn't feel very comfortable with the CEO after talking to him for an hour plus the fact of moving my family and leaving everything that I've grown accustomed too just further degraded the thought of taking the job.
Thanks again,
Lance

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Wood, it doesn't sound like you need to lose any sleep over your decision. It looks like you may want to set up a salmon fishing trip with some of the Oregon boys though, because they have a lot to offer. After my wife retires we plan to do some camping along the coast and try some myself. Will be in touch when we do that.

The Deer

Nov 24, 2013
Eastern Oregon
Looks like you are getting lots of help on the forum I live in the NE part of the state which works out great for being close to out of state hunting if you are ever in this neck of the woods look me up.