Thesis Defense!

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
Happy times gentlemen!! I know this is probably not that big of a deal to many but I'm to dang happy not to share this with some of you. The title says it all and I passed with flying colors, I just have a few more edits to do on my paper and it'll be off to the printing press!! Went out for a very fitting prime rib dinner afterwards!

[URL=http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/bigwoodtick/media/IMG_2321_zpsbf7b0e12.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1337.photobucket.com/user/bigwoodtick/media/IMG_2328_zps8f558d13.jpg.html][/URL]

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
Awesome man! Congratulations! I still have three semesters left before I defend mine... It's a long road but well worth it in the long run

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Dang good work !! My wife has her Doctorate and it is a huge amount of work. Congratulations and cudos to you for getting it done!!

libidilatimmy

Veteran member
Oct 22, 2013
Wyoming
Congrats bud! Having known several family members that have gone through the thesis process, I know how taxing it can be and it's one hell of an accomplishment.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations Woodtick! I just finished mine up as well. Did my defense back in October, I still remember how nerve wracking it was and there are still times now that I just sit back, smile, and bask in the accomplishment. Good on ya man!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Thanks everyone!! And no PhD for me, academia is not my cup of tea! I just want to find me a respectful job where I can make some decent money and still be home at nights with my family!
As soon as I graduated with my BS (1963), I was drafted into the Army. Got married to my HS sweetheart while serving Uncle Sam. Went to work after discharge. After about 5 or 6 years I realized that I needed some more education. Took me another 5+ years to get my MS in 1982 at age 40. It was a tough grind. You are doing the right thing getting what you need to have in your field when you are young. Congrats again!