The Wild Game Eats Thread...

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Deer roast 5 hours in the crockpot with celery, mushrooms, and carrots, made brown gravy with the juice. Large slice of roast with celery and mushroom piled on with gravy on top, mash taters were to clean up the extra gravy. Good meal on a cold day!

Johnbud

Jan 6, 2018
Wisconsin
That looks great. Is your recipe really that simple? I need simple recipes as I have no cooking skills. I'm planning to put an antelope roast in the slow cooker on Sunday to enjoy with football.

Reactions: dirtclod Az.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
That looks great. Is your recipe really that simple? I need simple recipes as I have no cooking skills. I'm planning to put an antelope roast in the slow cooker on Sunday to enjoy with football.

I put some salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder on the roast, 2 cups water, added vegetables with 3 hours left.
Gravy was 2 cups juice from the crockpot, 2 tablespoons butter, corn starch to thicken.

Reactions: Johnbud

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
It's pretty hard to mess up a roast in a crock-pot. Just some salt and pepper and some sliced onions and a couple of cans of crm of mushroom soup with some extra mushrooms, canned or fresh makes no difference.
That's about as simple as it gets. You can experiment with any other ingredients you like as well.

Reactions: Johnbud

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Made 20# pastrami, 10# hamed deer, 10# salami, 10# jalapeno salami, 10# smoked bologna, 5# each of original snack sticks, spicy snack sticks, sweet and spicy Italian, and pepperoni. Finally get to eat, drink, and reminisce about the previous hunting season!
Also made a spicey sweet fried goose with rice on Sunday, we'll be killing as dang many of them as we can in the future!!

Attachments