The Memes Thread!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
We used to have a couple gallon plastic can that we would bring into the tent with 6 old men sleeping inside. Well, after a number of adult beverages we went to bed hoping that the snow storm would let up sometime the next day. We planned on sleeping in since the forecast called for snow until at least noon the next day. We planned on using the empty gas can as a urinal during the night and with 6 old men that got up every couple of hours and quite a few adult beverages consumed before going to bed it was put to good use.

Well, come daybreak it was still snowing so most of us just crawled back into our sleeping bags after using the make shift urinal which by now had quite a bit of liquid in it, it had been well used the night before. About 2 or so in the afternoon the snow let up and we could see the sun thinking about breaking through and we wanted to be out in the woods for when it did. For those who don't know, after a good snow storm and the sun comes out so do the animals. So we didn't bother dumping the liquid out of the can but placed it on a snow covered stump and off we went.

We got back to camp after dark with 2 elk that had been shot when the sun came out and they came out of their hiding places. We hung the meat up in the trees had a quick dinner and hit the sack. The next morning one of the other hunters asked what we had done with the gas can turned urinal and we told him where we had placed it. He went over to the stump and it was gone. We looked around but couldn't find it. The stump was next to where we had been parking our ATV's so all we could figure that someone had driven by and noticed the gas can sitting where that morning a few ATV's had been parked and decided to take it for themselves. All the other gas cans that we had were in the beds of the truck that had left when the sun came out.

We often pondered just what happened when whoever took it opened it up and pored it into whatever they were riding. If they didn't check it they may of gotten a surprise, but if they had checked it they still may of gotten a surprise.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
If someone is stupid enough to steal a gas can, then they arnt likely smart enough to see if its gas before pouring it in the tank...lol

I backed into a great big big rock with my truck when I was in my early 20's.
The only thing that hit was the reese hitch and it cracked the weld on the hitch.(Which I have never seen happen before or since)
I was thankful it didn't destroy my bumper and only got the hitch.....I just left it in there and was going to take the ball off of it and throw the hitch in the scrap pile the next day but while I was out at the bar that night some idiot stole that hitch from my truck.

I often wondered if they used it. lol