The July/August Fat Off

DU4LIFE25

Sep 24, 2015
Wisconsin
Burned 520 calories this morning on my workout and 516 yesterday. I am going to start adding the short bike rides and walks back and forth to work to add a little bit more activity to my workout.

The other thing that I am going to work strictly on is making sure that I get an actual 6 hours of sleep. Last night I was actually asleep 5 hours, 40 minutes and it said 40 minutes awake. Fitbit has been pretty good for tracking sleep, over the vacation I was able to do well over 6 hours, and over seven for much of it.
I love my Garmin watch for tracking all of that as well. The technology that they can put in watches these days just blows my mind.

JessTomac

Jan 30, 2019
Montana
Don't know if it's to late to join, but I am totally in!

I'm 41 and every year, for the last 3 years, I lose around 20 pounds from January to June (ish) then I gain it back with bad eating habits, holidays and Dark Beer. January started off just like the others but when COVID hit it gave me a two month hiccup. I live in northern Montana and our local gym closed causing me to lose my routine and motivation. I was stalled out but in May I found my motivation by applying for several hunting licenses, finding like minded people (including my 15 year old son!!) , looking at the scale a couple times a week 😡 (Fat is suborn at 40+), setting up a backyard archery range AND by listening to Eastman's Elevated Podcasts with Brian (if you don't listen, try it, trust me it's great motivation).

I've been eating good and it's not a diet it's normal portions, cutting out processed food and NO fast food. I stopped drinking higher quantities of alcohol and up'd my water intake (No pop, no sugar drinks) . I've been killing it on the Cardio (running 20-25 miles per week from Monday thru Friday, hiking with weighted pack at least 1x per week, mountain biking on the weekends and my wife and I try to Kayak a couple times per month).

It's not much, but it's stubborn!
Down 20 this morning!
225 January 1
215 June 1
205 Today

Keep it up guys!!

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
Well the Plantar Fasciitis turned into a severe stress fracture after a bone density scan. Hard cast for six weeks. I was down to 192 this morning before this cast. Going to be a long six weeks. Good luck to you all!

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Well the Plantar Fasciitis turned into a severe stress fracture after a bone density scan. Hard cast for six weeks. I was down to 192 this morning before this cast. Going to be a long six weeks. Good luck to you all!
Keep the diet in check and do some upper body exercises if you can. You will be fine. Hang in there bud

Reactions: marcusvdk

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
It will go fast! Good luck!

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Oh man that sucks. Definitely keep up the diet and do the upper body exercises

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
Thanks guys. Getting old is not for sissy’s! Gall bladder removal in October 2017 ( one week after getting home from Montana ), hip replacement in September 2018 and now this. Not complaining as I have treated this old body pretty bad over my 63 years. I thank the Good Lord every day that I can get vertical and take nourishment! I’ll be up a tree with bow in hand on October 1, Good Lord willing and the creek don’t rise.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I just got back from a month long trip west. I did a overnight scouting trip in the Wyoming Range and it was in the top toughest things I've done in the last few years. Wasn't gone long enough to lose much weight, then staying with my wife's relatives after that kind of kiboshed any further progress. I thought I did OK with only gaining back 2# in that month. So, am still down 6# from the start with a goal of 6# more.
If I don't get there before I leave for WY in 3 weeks, I am sure that 14 days on the mountain will do it for me.

prhunter

Apr 18, 2016
West Texas
Here is how it will go, start date is July one. Post starting weight, and the amount you want to lose. If the forum as a whole by September 1 has lost 500 lbs, every person who participated will be entered. Weekly progress posts will make this thing fun.
Been following this thread for a while now. Not sure if its too late to join in but here it goes:

July 1st: Starting weight 206lbs (would like to lose 6lbs to be at an even 200)

August 28: 198lbs (process: cut out bread, soda & unfortunately beer from my diet. Been rucking with a 40lbs bag before I start my shift at work)

Current Status: Total weight loss: 8lbs (Been sleeping better and feel better prepared for my upcoming hunt in September). Will continue with the routine (ruck, calisthenics, no booze) till I depart for my elk hunt.

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
Lost track of the interval we're reporting in on. I had a setback earlier this month with some back to back birthdays and BBQs but I'm back on track. Down 5lbs, 3 more to go until I'm where I want to be.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Progress
July 1 242lbs
August 24th 229.6

Down 12.6 lbs but I've toned up a good un the arms since July 1st which was one of my goals

DU4LIFE25

Sep 24, 2015
Wisconsin
Any idea what the total weight loss was for this little friendly competition? I don't think it was anywhere near 500lbs but it would be interesting to see how everyone finished. I was down 12½ lbs July 1st to September 1st, 25lbs since March or April.