The July/August Fat Off

DU4LIFE25

Sep 24, 2015
Wisconsin
After camping on a holiday weekend, I didn't bother to weigh in this morning. I'll try to weigh in tomorrow morning after my run. Maybe I'll lose 5lbs of water weight with this ridiculous humidity here this week.

Reactions: marcusvdk

Travis Horner

Feb 28, 2020
Powell, WY
Moving from 900 ft above sea level back to 4600 was a challenge all by its self, not including the 25 lbs that needed to be shed off all while dealing with a neurological disorder that keeps me on the lack of motivation side of the spectrum. I started this journey this spring after moving back out west last July. I hit the trails hard right after the lower elevations started to thaw. My personal goal was to reach boot camp weight which I haven't seen in 19 years. For the past several years I have been carrying 230 lbs at 6'1. I typically stay pretty lean with heavy muscle mass. Unfortunately I felt in order to get down to that healthy back country hiking weight (boot camp weight = 195), I was going to need to loose much of that body builder physic I have carried for so many years. The more muscle mass you have the more oxygen your going to need to fuel it and moving up in elevation wasn't going to help my cardio one bit. So now its July, I have successfully shed 25 lbs by simply cutting my calorie intake, hitting the hiking trails, and putting some miles on my Solomon running shoes. On the plus side I am currently holding steady at 205. I personally wanted to start strength training by the first week of July working on my core and leg endurance to meet the challenges of hiking up the mountain slopes of Northwestern Wyoming. I see here we have a challenge to post our progress. September 1st is right around the corner and I am more than determined to meet my goals. Thanks for the moto gents! Keep up the strong work and progress!!!!

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Its been incredibly hot and humid here as well. I would prefer to get my exercise in outside but decided to hit the elliptical yesterday; the humidity is just brutal right now.

DU4LIFE25

Sep 24, 2015
Wisconsin
Weighed in at 228.0 this morning. Only down .6 of a lb since last Tuesday. The wife needs to stop bringing home mint oreos and brownies for the kids. I've had good will power lately but not that good.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Weighed in at 228.0 this morning. Only down .6 of a lb since last Tuesday. The wife needs to stop bringing home mint oreos and brownies for the kids. I've had good will power lately but not that good.
Change your mindset and stay the course for 2 weeks and it'll become habit after that. Good luck brother.
At least you're trending in the right direction.

DU4LIFE25

Sep 24, 2015
Wisconsin
Change your mindset and stay the course for 2 weeks and it'll become habit after that. Good luck brother.
At least you're trending in the right direction.
Thanks BC! Sometimes I just need a little boost of confidence. When I started running two months ago I was lucky to run 30 seconds without sucking wind. Now I'm up to 2½ miles every other day and for some sick reason I actually look forward to getting my morning run in.

Reactions: Bonecollector

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Sometimes it's the changes on the 'inside' that we can't see that make a big difference.
Keep making little improvements to your new lifestyle as you plateau and you will continue to progress.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
Weigh in today 239.6 lost .4 pounds this week
dude, that is just a morning dump! actually try it for shits and giggles. weigh yourself, take a dump and weigh yourself agian.
either way keep at it and remeber it is a journey and you will have good and bad along the way. I know for me, it has been hard lately to keep my regular routine.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
dude, that is just a morning dump! actually try it for shits and giggles. weigh yourself, take a dump and weigh yourself agian.
either way keep at it and remeber it is a journey and you will have good and bad along the way. I know for me, it has been hard lately to keep my regular routine.
Yeah I had lost a lot of weight going into this at an average of 3 pounds a week then about 2 weeks ago slowed to 1 pound a week. I have been reading my paperwork from the surgeon and at 6 months there is normally a small plateau that I think I'm in as im just past 6 months now. So next week or too as long as I keep doing the right stuff it should jump start losing again

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Weigh in today
Challenge start weight 241
Current weight 235

Down 6 pounds for the challenge
And 4.6 pounds from the last weigh in

Reactions: THelms