The July/August Fat Off

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
So I have decided that over the course of July and August, I am going to knock about 10-15 lbs off. I have a pretty ambitious fall going to say the least and even with horses planned for one of the hunts it would be a good thing for me to knock a little bit off. Sitting at a healthy 240 right now with a height of 6'5" but knocking a bit off the body is as good as knocking that much off the pack weight.

My plan is to cut out a lot of the sugar intake and up the veggies/fruit. My output is fairly high right now with it being summer but I am going to increase reps on my isolation days and may do the same with some of my core lifts like power cleans.

I am going to do my best to consistently post my progress here, anyone else doing the same feel free to comment.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Doing the same here. I yo-yo pretty bad with my weight. My goal was -30 lbs starting May 1st. I have lost 14.5 as of this morning so I'm ahead of schedule a bit. I'm basically just cutting out most breads and alcohol and increasing cardio/lifting. Hiking in the mountains this past weekend I could already feel the difference.

Reactions: marcusvdk

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
You can out eat any exercise, and I proved it for over 40 years. Maybe we all could post "before" pictures in bikini underwear and be shamed into sticking to the diet plan. I'll do a weigh-in tomorrow AM and see if I can join the 15# challenge.

• Haha
Reactions: mallardsx2

DU4LIFE25

Sep 24, 2015
Wisconsin
I'm on a mission to lose a good 20-25lbs before November as well. I started running the middle of May and was watching my sugar intake and portion control. I was down close to 10lbs before we went to Colorado and the Black Hills for vacation last week. Unfortunately the wheels fell off and I have to back track a bit now but I think I'll get there eventually.

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I'm on a mission to lose a good 20-25lbs before November as well. I started running the middle of May and was watching my sugar intake and portion control. I was down close to 10lbs before we went to Colorado and the Black Hills for vacation last week. Unfortunately the wheels fell off and I have to back track a bit now but I think I'll get there eventually.
Vacations are tough, last weekend camping made sugar readily available for me.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I'm down about 35 pounds since the first of the year. I really let myself get into bad shape after a divorce and loss of my step son. Another 65 to go. Like I said, I really let myself go. I've lost most of my weight due to portion control, eating about 1/3 of what I normally do. No alcohol and no soda which has been pretty easy as I am mostly a coffee in the morning and ice tea (unsweetened) the rest of the day guy. I stay active but probably need to add jogging/running into the mix. My current daily goal for steps is 20,000 and usually make that threshold if the weather permits.

Reactions: Slugz and mosquito

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Tell you guys what, if we can get enough guys involved in this or ambitious enough....I will giveaway 3 TagHub memberships to participants. I think 500 total lbs might be enough.

Reactions: buckbull

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
I’ll join in. Started at 211 lbs on Memorial Day. No bread, no taters and no sweets. Dealing with a good case of Plantar Fasciitis right now so not a lot of exercise. Weight 200 this morning. I’m 63 years old, 5’10”, work at a desk and love sweets. It has been hard but I have not failed yet. BTW today is my birthday and no cake!!! Goal is 190 by Labor Day.
Good Luck to all!

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Tell you guys what, if we can get enough guys involved in this or ambitious enough....I will giveaway 3 TagHub memberships to participants. I think 500 total lbs might be enough.
Cool. I'm in.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Great challenge Scott, I'm in. I've been pretty good about not letting things go too far, so only have 10# or so to lose. At 5'10" I weighed in at 188# this morning. My Marine Corps weight 43 years ago was 175#, but I feel better at 180#. My compromise goal is 178#. Will post my "before" photo as soon as I find the appropriate pair of underwear.

• Haha
Reactions: Bonecollector

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I'm in Scott are we using beginning of the year as our start of loss. Think I'll help alot to the 500 goal if that's the case. Started 2020 at 337 lbs current weight 243 lbs31190
May 2019 Mid June 2020

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Here is how it will go, start date is July one. Post starting weight, and the amount you want to lose. If the forum as a whole by September 1 has lost 500 lbs, every person who participated will be entered. Weekly progress posts will make this thing fun.

I will commit you 15 lbs.Weigh in for me this week!

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Ok I'm in for the challenge so Wednesday is our start weight. Better have a good amount of posts to this one forum

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Will up my exercise routine and start "pack training" on July 1st. I got giardia once on a canoe trip and lost 8# in two days, 4# more in the next two days. Believe me, you don't want to follow that routine. Good luck all.